Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Saaz from downunder  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Saaz from downunder
« on: May 09, 2013, 07:44:29 AM »
Hi all

I have been one of those soaking up information about the Trophy, so finally decided to join up.

I currently have a Honda ST1100 1996 with 192,000kms on it.  It has HID headlights, driving lights, modified suspension, seat, autocom system with CB radio, Zumo 660, mobile phone bluetooted in etc - all the things to do short to longer rides in all conditions.

Very happy with the bike and the community around the Honda STs (in fact I am one of the moderators on the ozstoc forum) but just looking at future options to cover the next 5 to 10 years (I tend to keep bikes a long time).  As Honda does not seem to want to say what they are doing, I have looked further afield and the Trophy ticks all the boxes, same as the ST1100 did when I first decided to buy it.  It seems like it is made for me.  I see there are quite a few former Honda ST owners on here, and that tells me a lot as we tend to be a picky bunch.

I look forward to learning more, and most likely there will be a new trophy owner towards the end of this year.  And yes I am keeping the ST1100 for the forseable future.  As well as a Ozstoc member I also do FarRides, which is like the local version of the IBA.

I have already has 2 x 2 hour test rides on a local demo bike (Anders at Eurotune in Queanbeyan next to Canberra) runs a proper older fashioned bike shop, which is another factor in my decision.  I have always done all the servicing on my bikes, and plan to learn enough to continue to do this with the trophy.  Time to learn more about electronics, which I don't mind at all.

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Saaz from downunder
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 08:53:08 AM »
Hi &  :400:

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 04:08:31 PM »
 :401: Mate

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 05:23:54 PM »
Welcome.  A lot of Aussies on this site :400:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline louis-charles

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE bleu
  • City / Town: Charleroi
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 02:00:29 PM »
 :047: :400: :400: :400:
It is better to lose one minute of his life that to be killed in one minute...

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 07:50:15 AM »
I hope to be able to contribute something useful someday, beyond just general bike stuff