Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: first major ride out  (Read 4201 times)

Offline speedydeano

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy
  • City / Town: gloucester
first major ride out
« on: October 23, 2015, 03:44:10 pm »
had my first major ride out over the last couple of days down to lands end and around Cornwall cracking ride lots of mileage this is just a warning to anyone that wants to go to lands end be very careful of the car park as when I was turning round I had to turn round on loose gravel with both feet down I had to push the bike back a little bit as doing this my foot slipped and I started to feel the bike go so I dug my foot in and held the bike then all of a sudden I didn't realise that my foot was in a small ditch which gave way and that was it the bike was on the floor totally gutted but would like to that the gentleman that help me pick the bike up .Gotta say guys the trophy is one hell of a heavy bike to pick up from the floor just thought I share this with you so the main thing is mind any tarmac car parks that have some gravel on the floor
Happy riding   

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: first major ride out
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 04:30:04 pm »
Hi Deano.... a lovely area of the country... its where my husband comes from and often get down there on the bikes. Yes, lands End car park is not the best. Sorry to hear about your little spill. Hope you are alright, remember plastic and scratches are easily sorted out... we take a little longer! Kevin
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 10:58:09 pm »
Hi Delano

I toured round that area years ago on my sprint st. Agree great fixing and better on a bike as parking in summer is terrible but they can always get a slot for a bike. :028:

Sorry to hear about your stationary spill. I did the same in similar circumstances, mine was hartside cafe car park. You are not the first and you won't be the last. As long as you are ok. If you try to save the bike you will do your back in.

Get up dust off and get back on again.

Seadog
seadog

Offline speedydeano

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 09:54:40 am »
cheers guys for the feed back forgetting the drop the trophy is still a cracking bike to ride lol

Offline RocketSteve

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE & Boss Hoss
  • City / Town: Bideford
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 01:40:18 pm »
Been there Dean and know the exact suffering  :233:

These rubber pads have been my medicine and actually made the pain disappear! :001:

To test a man's character, give him (horse) power.

Offline speedydeano

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 02:12:24 pm »
Hi RocketSteve
were you have fitted them is exactly where mine has damaged where did you get the rubber from please cause that's a tidy job and instead of getting it re sprayed I can put that on there and save a few pennies
cheers

Offline RocketSteve

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE & Boss Hoss
  • City / Town: Bideford
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 02:30:49 pm »
Hi Dean,

I had a similar stationary drop so I figured your damage mirrored mine...

This is the cheapest fix in the world and cost £0.0 compared to panel replacement or re-work & re-spray!

I'll PM you as it's top secret :001:
To test a man's character, give him (horse) power.

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 04:13:09 pm »
Once made some similar  `protection strips' for my old RT  by first making a paper template then cutting the required shapes out of  an old pedal cycle inner tube,   for added protection on the rear panniers,  and which I intend to repeat again for the Trophy panniers.     I  used a rubber bumper strip of the type sold in most in Car Accessories Stores which is just the right size for most panniers and is self adhesive.   See attached link for this ... :017:
 and photo ( sorry about the `Badge'  :034: )  may limit the damage if dropped...... :164:

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-accessories/exterior-protection/richbrook-bumper-bodywork-protector-370mm

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 04:57:10 pm by Stelyn »
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '