Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Mixing seats  (Read 4355 times)

Offline Johnharley1964

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 99 Trophy, 13 Trophy
  • City / Town: South Dakota
Mixing seats
« on: October 27, 2015, 01:22:37 am »
Have any of you put mismatched seats on your Trophy's? My 13 TTSE has heated seats on both rider and passenger. I am thinking of picking up a riders low seat and passenger comfort seat for summertime riding.

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
Re: Mixing seats
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 03:14:36 am »
Good question . . . in theory the passenger "comfort" seat should have the same fitment as the stock passenger seat.  There is just more padding in the seat, but this should not affect its alignment with either type of rider seat.  However, you should ask your dealer this question, and if he says, "yes, mixed seats should work", just return it for a full refund if it doesn't.  DO NOT BUY online, because then you'll have no recourse!
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 03:50:57 pm »
I have the factory low seat and I guess it's the standard pillion seat - or whatever the factory considers a matched pair.  I had the opportunity to ride pillion behind my youngest stepson so he could experience the Trophy, and I found the pillion to be even more comfortable than the riders position.  A "Comfort" pillion seat should be easy chair cushy for a passenger as far as I'm concerned.  Let us know what your passenger thinks about the change if you decide to mix and match.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline swede 2

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 tt se
  • City / Town: N.E florida
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 04:23:14 pm »
I am using a comfort rider seat and stock passenger seat with no problem.the seat pans should be same

Offline Volfy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Gulf Coast
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 04:35:50 pm »
Yes, I would be very surprised if the seat pans are different.

Triumph's part# listings don't say anything about matching seats.
Converto, ergo sum.       '15 300RR, '15 250XCF-W, '14 K1600GT, '12 VFR1200, '05 GSXR600 (track).

Offline NO-CFIT

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Oologah, OK
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 01:39:16 am »
I have mixed seats on the TTSE right now. No problems. I usually use the "standard" (ie. came with bike) for Spring/Summer,  and heated seats for Fall/Winter. As I carry no passenger,  I decided to just place only the "rider" heated seat on and leave passenger seat be. Fit, form, function is just fine.
Life's not short, it's just you're dead so long.

Offline Johnharley1964

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 99 Trophy, 13 Trophy
  • City / Town: South Dakota
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 04:43:25 am »
 Thanks for the input. I decided to go with the low seat. I went to the Dealer in Sioux Falls SD today ad they had a 15 model with the low set. I sat on it and it did not seem any lower than my heated seat. I popped it off and made sure it was on the lowest setting. I measured it and with the low seat it was still 31 inches? Is there something different  with the height of the 15?

Offline Volfy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Gulf Coast
Re: Seat height 2013 vs 2015 model.
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 04:58:21 am »
Was the suspension preload set the same? 

Does your seat have the low rider tag on it?
Converto, ergo sum.       '15 300RR, '15 250XCF-W, '14 K1600GT, '12 VFR1200, '05 GSXR600 (track).

tweedy-bunch