Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Severe storms in the Texas Hill Country  (Read 1440 times)

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Severe storms in the Texas Hill Country
« on: October 31, 2015, 03:06:43 am »
Once again severe storms in the Hill Country cause flooding and so far one person confirmed dead from the floodwaters.  A lot of people displaced and forcefully evacuated from their homes in the New Braunfels area and it could be even worse downstream in Sequin and beyond.  Here's hoping there aren't more injured or killed from more storms due to arrive in the area about the same time in the morning - around 5-6 am.  Only a lot of driving rain and noise at my house.  I'm so fortunate.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
Re: Severe storms in the Texas Hill Country
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 09:58:56 am »
IS this twice now within the week, after last weekends storms.

Whish you and everyone good luck.  I deal a lot with Austin (and visit quite regularly) So will check they are all right.

Offline DaMonk45

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Houston
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 11:12:19 am »
I was over in that area last weekend, Took me 3 days go dry out my gear. It is raining here now.

Stay Safe!

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 02:53:10 pm »
Houston has gotten most of the same storm system.  We had another severe round starting at 2 am, and now at just before 10 am it is sunny and gorgeous.  More rain due late next week.  El Nino pattern that is a cycle caused by Pacific Ocean temperatures.  At least 2 dead so far, maybe more once the water levels drop and the find all the vehicles and RV's that washed away.  Wimberley got it again almost as bad as last May's flood.  Not sure I want to go out riding today since there will be a lot of debris on all the back roads I would ride, and some of them may even still be flooded from usually dry creeks.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

tweedy-bunch