Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: NO AUDIO found ???  (Read 2895 times)

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
  • Dont smoke, gamble or drink BUT I DO RIDE
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14 TTSE 86 GL1200
  • City / Town: Dunkirk, Md
NO AUDIO found ???
« on: November 01, 2015, 08:52:44 pm »
Ok,  ,I injured my left foot at work a few weeks ago. I could not ride the bike.  Today felt good enough ..so went outside started it up and went for a ride.   NOW I HAVE NO AUDI device  NADA     any Ideas folks???????
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 08:54:20 pm by kniterider »
A nasty weather day riding is still better than any day working

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
Re: NO AUDIO found ???
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 09:58:40 pm »
OK  after a search    tried the #3 fuse pull    It has reset,, odd when that audio problem was going on.  MY Garmin would not power off with the key,   now it is back to normal    THE GHOSTS are popping up

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 11:46:24 pm »
*Originally Posted by kniterider [+]
OK  after a search    tried the #3 fuse pull    It has reset,, odd when that audio problem was going on.  MY Garmin would not power off with the key,   now it is back to normal    THE GHOSTS are popping up
Do a few forum searches WRT the audio module software update.

BTW, when your GPS won't power down, it means you must act fast, as the battery has a draw of almost an amp even when the ignition is off. It destroys batteries fast.

Your GPS power must be coming from the Triumph power cable from the left side of the bike. That is powered by the audio module so when the audio module "crashes" on an on state, the GPS continues on from the audio module DC power.

It happened to me just yesterday, but I decided on a different type of fix, by letting the audio module power down completely when the key is out with a minor modification (posted here yesterday).  But this means all the audio menu options go to default and then the audio  menu can only be used with the  engine running. But the defaults work for me.

-Don-  Cold Springs Valley, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 01:39:49 pm »
OK,,, woke up to to 40 degree temps but sunny and dry. Decided to ride my trophy to work.  Radio worked fine  BUT got the dreaded TPMS low battery warning.   Stayed on until I had to shut bike off to get gas then restart  NO WARNING

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
TPMS
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 04:38:58 pm »
*Originally Posted by kniterider [+]
OK,,, woke up to to 40 degree temps but sunny and dry. Decided to ride my trophy to work.  Radio worked fine  BUT got the dreaded TPMS low battery warning.   Stayed on until I had to shut bike off to get gas then restart  NO WARNING
There's a few threads here on that too. The TPMS low battery alarm shows more often when cold. But the TPMS still works accurately for a long time (months) with the alarm.

The battery is getting weaker, as the new batteries do not alarm when cold. If the bike is in warranty, get a new TPMS battery installed soon as they cost around two hundred bucks, IIRC. I have had BOTH my front and rear tire TPMS batteries replaced under warranty. You will probably see it a lot when cold from now on. Alarm  can go away temporarily  as tires get warmer.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline kniterider

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 02:11:50 pm »
Thank you Sir.  I will contact my dealer to see if I can get an appointment  since they are about 80 miles away

tweedy-bunch