Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Heated seat harness  (Read 3618 times)

Offline OhioWinger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Southern Ohio
Heated seat harness
« on: November 05, 2015, 08:47:06 pm »
I really hate the stock seat and hope to purchase a Corbin before Spring. Can you buy the OEM or aftermarket heated wiring harness and switches without buying the Triumph seat?

Thanks

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
Re: Heated seat harness
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 09:31:32 pm »
OEM, yes, from BikeBandit.com, but I'm not sure they would be compatible with a Corbin heated seat.  Unlikely.  If interested, I have for sale an OEM switch and wiring harmess for a Triumph heated rider seat.  $100 including shipping.
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

Offline brbo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Kingston
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 11:45:05 pm »
Switch - can anyone tell me the difference between part #  T2505150 & T2505175

Other than the $60 difference in price..

Thank You
'19 Tiger 1200 xcA - matte marine

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 12:51:00 am »
If I am not mistaken, the difference is quite significant.  One P/N is for the rocker switch "assembly" and its wiring harness, and the other P/N is merely for the rocker switch "actuator", commonly known as the switch cover (the part of the switch visible outside its mounting location on the bike).   
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

Offline brbo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 12:55:15 am »
I kinda thought that originally but no where is it identified as a kit vs switch exactly...

More importantly you can order the harness at MSRP for $20 Switch for $8 - yet the kit is MSRP at $65.... seems odd

Offline brbo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 05:56:43 am »
*Originally Posted by brbo [+]
I kinda thought that originally but no where is it identified as a kit vs switch exactly...

More importantly you can order the harness at MSRP for $20 Switch for $8 - yet the kit is MSRP at $65.... seems odd

Okay if anyone is interested:

T2505175 is ONLY the rocker switch hence the $8 cost (Note: picture shows complete switch assembly with pigtail)

T2505150 is in fact the entire switch and pigtail for $65

The picture is misleading...

Just an FYI

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 04:43:37 am »
*Originally Posted by brbo [+]
There is neither rhyme nor reason no to Triumph's pricing. I just bought a new footpeg for my Sprint ST and the entire assembly (metal rest, rubber, spring) was about $10'less expensive than buying just the metal rest.  Go figure
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline blizzard

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Virginia,
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 11:30:28 pm »
I bought a Corbin seat last summer and its very comfortable, but does NOT integrate into the existing trophy wiring. I called Corbin to ask about a harness or adapter and they said it's not designed to do that. They supply a 2-wire plug adapter that they instruct to put in your fuse box, but not to the ignition, so it's always hot. Then, because it's not designed to do it, you can't close the fuse box and they supply a cloth cover to use instead. Bottom line it's very poorly designed electrically. I wired it into the existing rear switch so it has to be on at the same time, but there's no indication on the ECM. Plus, the rear Corbin switch is blocked by the rear seat handle bar so it's tough to access. I couldn't return the seat as it was "made for me" , which was the black weld around the black leather. If I had to do it over again I wouldn't buy a Corbin seat for a trophy.