Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: My Friend is going to cost me some money...  (Read 2101 times)

Offline FLTRI

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Road Glide Ultr
  • City / Town: Las Vegas, NV
My Friend is going to cost me some money...
« on: November 12, 2015, 05:40:07 am »
I have a good friend that recently bought an unsold 2013 TTSE. She has a broken foot, so she told me to ride it an break it in properly. At first, I thought she was kidding. She, was not...  :114:

I've put just under 700 miles on her Triumph now, and had the first service done. It's been fun chasing miles, and hitting the next allowed redline as the miles stack up. This bike (as you all already know) is just a fantastic machine! Smooth, nimble, light, lots of high tech, and almost stupid fast for a bagger.

I'm a Harley guy, but had a 2005 BMW RT for a couple years. I "kinda" knew what to expect, but was blown away by how much better this bike is than my Beemer was. I still like my Harley (2016 Road Glide Ultra) but man, the Trophy is fun, and so very different. Now, I'm actively shopping for a TTSE. Financially, It needs to wait until next year, but I'm all over eBay and Cycle trader looking. I hand over the keys to Evie (yes, I named her Triumph, much to her chagrin) just before Thanksgiving. It's going to be hard watching her ride away...  :002:
I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you there ain't nothing in the world I hate worse than that elephant under my ass.

Officer John Wintergreen reference his Electra Glide. -Electra Glide in Blue, 1973-

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
Re: My Friend is going to cost me some money...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 06:12:55 am »
*Originally Posted by FLTRI [+]
I'm a Harley guy, but had a 2005 BMW RT for a couple years. I "kinda" knew what to expect, but was blown away by how much better this bike is than my Beemer was. I still like my Harley (2016 Road Glide Ultra) but man, the Trophy is fun, and so very different. Now, I'm actively shopping for a TTSE. Financially, It needs to wait until next year, but I'm all over eBay and Cycle trader looking. I hand over the keys to Evie (yes, I named her Triumph, much to her chagrin) just before Thanksgiving. It's going to be hard watching her ride away...  :002:
You might find this to keep your interest.

-Don-  SSF, CA
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 08:51:07 am »
We did all warn you a few weeks back when you posted to say you were running in the bike for your friend, that you would be hooked. Just like an extended test ride and another bites the dust when they realise what a bike the TT is. :164:
It wasn't me !!

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 01:08:55 pm »
You're destined to have the polar opposites of motorcycles.  :821:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline twowheeladdict

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy se
  • City / Town: Tennessee
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 02:00:47 pm »
*Originally Posted by trophied [+]
You're destined to have the polar opposites of motorcycles.  :821:

I wouldn't say they are the polar opposite of motorcycles.  Maybe the polar opposite of full on street touring bikes.

IMO, the polar opposite of a 900lbs loaded touring bike would be a sub 300 lbs dual sport bike like my KLX250S.   ;-)

Offline FLTRI

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Road Glide Ultr
  • City / Town: Las Vegas, NV
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 05:37:13 pm »
I took my child bride for a 100 mile ride, and she approved as well. She said it was more comfortable than the Beemer, but she still much prefers the HD. That's actually good news for me, saves the the expense of the top box. When we do our two-up long distance cross country rides, we'll take the Harley. For short or solo trips, I can enjoy the Trophy. I'm retiring at the end of the year, and plan on several solo rides, as the wife has one more year to work.

And yes, I'm justifying. Talking myself into it sooner, rather than later...
I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you there ain't nothing in the world I hate worse than that elephant under my ass.

Officer John Wintergreen reference his Electra Glide. -Electra Glide in Blue, 1973-