Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New Member, Still in Research Phase  (Read 3383 times)

Offline AZBob

• Trophy Master
  • Wubalubadubdub!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Chandler, AZ
New Member, Still in Research Phase
« on: November 16, 2015, 03:29:37 pm »
Hi All,

New member of the forum. Looking for a sport-touring bike for the commute and all-around usefulness of such things. Currently own two Hondas: a 2008 CBR1000RR that I can't ride any more because I'm too old and fat, and a 2013 CB1100 that I quite like, but is seriously lacking in wind protection and could use a bit more power, but is otherwise a great bike. I will be trading these two bikes in on my next purchase.

I test rode the Trophy on Saturday and it was everything I had hoped: very decent power, excellent wind protection (perhaps too good, actually, in the summer I need some wind hitting me or else I'll melt -- a short windscreen should solve that), perfect transmission and very good suspension and handling; overall great package. I previously test road a BMW K1600GTL (great bike, but horrible transmission), Kawasaki Concours14 (another great bike, but its lack of cruise control makes it a non-starter), a Ducati Multistrada (did not care for the spongy feeling of the electronic suspension), and a Honda Goldwing (just too big/wide and too many buttons). I have actually been searching for this bike for myself for a number of years (I decide things slowly). The only thing I haven't ridden in this segment is the Yamaha FJR, and I'm waiting to see what Yamaha announces this week at EIMCA (I heard rumors that they might be making some changes to the FJR) before I put my money down.

Anyway, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, gathering information. This is one of the more friendly forums I've been on (I'm on a Concours14, Ducati, BMW K1600, and Honda CB1100 and CBR1000RR forums) with really good technical knowledge that I'm sure I'll have to dip into if/when I make the plunge.

Cheers.
2014 Triumph Trophy 1200 SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
Re: New Member, Still in Research Phase
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 04:14:33 pm »
Hi AZBob and welcome to the forum.

I am an Ex GL1800 owner. HAve ridden many other makes over the years including various BMW and the test ride got me hooked.

The TT is a great handling bike and quick for what is a large touring bike. I changed to the TT from a Goldwing and F800 GS. The TT does it all for me and the wind and rain protection is a bonus. A little warm in the summer but run with the screen right down and its fine.

No complaints here  :047:
It wasn't me !!

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 04:37:43 pm »
Hi AZBob, welcome  :401:,  your right this is a friendly Forum  and a great one,  enjoy....... :821:
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 05:02:51 pm »
Welcome aboard  :821: Great bike, great forum, you get everything  :062:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 05:47:01 pm »
Welcome to the Forum :400:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 05:54:40 pm »
 :400: to the forum, and you are correct that this is one of the more friendly forums around.  I've had a R1200RT and a K1600 GTL and their forums are a different atmosphere than this one.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline OhioWinger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Southern Ohio
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 08:32:45 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker