Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 4,300 mile road trip/review  (Read 5585 times)

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
Re: 4,300 mile road trip/review
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 09:38:17 am »
Hi NOLA,    :460: .... :821:
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 02:52:04 pm »
Nice review, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!  FYI, the 2015 model Trophy has had the cruise control switch cluster modified to angle them slightly toward the grip for a shorter reach.  I wear a size 8 Held glove (about a medium) and now that I'm used to where it is I don't find it objectionable any more.  Maybe if they redesigned the left one to angle toward the grip it would be more accessible for the audio and screen adjustment switches.  I agree backlighting would be nice to have, but I just won't ride around here at night due to the massive quantities of deer on the road - both dead and alive!  Can't wait for the rut!  Yeah, right!
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline NOLA

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: SE Louisiana
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 04:06:25 pm »
*Originally Posted by seadog [+]
Nola

Great write up and glad you enjoyed the trophy as we all do. One point on the fuel fill up. I think most of us have had this problem. operation is to (and I am not telling you or anyone to suck eggs) put the nozzle all the way in and flat onto the plastic piece perpendicular. Then fill, it will auto stop when it reached the plastic,so no splash back.

seadog

seadog, thanks for the info.  I will give that a try on my next fill up.

Offline Phil

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 06:57:38 pm »
Nola, Great posting  :046:

Unfortunately, I will probably never get to ride to Mesa Verde, and having just googled it, I am now sick with envy :233:.  I live in Essex, England: flat, cold and usually wet.    :190:

I am in agreement with your comments on the TTSE, especially regarding the switches.   I need bigger hand to operate all the switches comfortably.  I too wish they were back lite.  I took to wearing a small torch attached to my jacket when I first got the bike and was not totally familiar with the switch layout.   Even after 19k miles I still occasionally need to look down to check where the switches are.   

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 12:17:02 am »
Nice write up.  I'm thinking of heading out west myself if I can get the time.  May duplicate part of your ride. Ideally would like to spend some time in  Colorado and Utah before heading up to Oregon and Washington then cutting east to the Great Lakes and back down. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline mmlanes

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Angelo, TX
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 02:39:29 am »
Nice write up.  I was going to ask if it was your TTSE I spied parked next to a couple Beemers in downtown Taos on the  morning of 16 August, but remembered it was a silver one I saw.

One of the things I enjoyed most about my trip (9 days west Texas to Denver and back - 4 days of work in the middle) was being able to switch the TES on the fly.  You really can feel the ride stiffen and the handling become more precise when you switch from comfort to sport.  Nice when heading up to the top of Pikes Peak or Mt. Evans; and great on those canyon roads.

Also agree about the power.  Having the guts to quickly and smoothly pass while going uphill on some of those mountain roads is both a comfort and a thrill.

True enough, the TTSE is custom made for the kind of trip you made.  Nice pics.
Twisted Trophies Charter Member

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE Blue
  • City / Town: Dallas TX
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2015, 02:48:14 pm »
NOLA

Good write up and nice trip.
Did you happen to see a black Tiger 1050 with a BMW R1150 in tow.
We may have crossed paths if you where in Moab the first week of August.
IBA # 59602
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophy's

tweedy-bunch