Scrivet Dimensions by smash
[Today at 06:23:54 pm]

No idle no start by Coconut
[Today at 06:01:44 pm]

Triumph Accessory Installation Instructions by Saddle Tramp
[Today at 05:19:10 pm]

Road Trip Advice by trophied
[Today at 04:11:21 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Meet my new 2015 Bonneville T100 Custom  (Read 3577 times)

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
Meet my new 2015 Bonneville T100 Custom
« on: November 24, 2015, 02:08:24 am »
I just picked up another new bike, a Triumph Bonneville T100, on Saturday from an out of town dealer.   I had to pass on my local dealer even though that would have been my first choice. They did not have the particular model in the color I wanted, so I started shopping around.  Glad I did, because the bike I found is in a "one off" custom paint scheme, much more to my personal taste than any other available color in the current model year, or previously.  That folks, makes this bike extremely RARE among its hundreds of thousands of Bonneville sibblings produced since 1959!

Truth be told, it has an identical "twin".  The dealer repainted two T100s just the same, and if anyone is interested, the second one is still available.  Please PM if you want more info.   

Here are three photos of the 2015 Bonnevilles I had to choose from of the dealer's existing inventory as originally listed on Cycle Trader.  Can you guess which one of these I went totally gaga for - love at first sight kind of thing - and wound up adding to my stable of Triumph motorcycles?

Actually, the first two photos are the same bike, before and after the fuel tank was custom painted.  Obviously, I went for the custom painted silver (and black) which comes closest to matching my lunar silver 2014 TTSE.   :062:

In all honesty this new bike is even more beautiful than my Trophy.  The fully exposed engine and chrome work is absolutely DAZZLING!  There is even more chrome than the picture shows, since I added some genuine Triumph Accessories during the course of the sale.  I will post an updated picture later. 

<<<WATCH THIS SPACE FOR UPDATED PHOTO!>>>

My first impression?  WOW!  What a difference the Bonnie is compared to my Trophy.  The Bonnie feel so light and dainty, almost effortless to mount and maneuver.   Almost "toy-like", while my Trophy feels like a BIG, HEAVY proper touring bike.  The weight difference is significant at ~150 lbs!  The horsepower of the Trophy is double that of the Bonnie and there is no comparison when it comes to which bike has the most "sportiness". 

The torque band on the Bonnie , which peaks at about 50 ft-lbs, is quite pleasing from as low as 3000 rpm to the power peak at 7500 (redline is 8000).   The Bonnie's C/R is 10.2:1, with the traditional 360 degree crank.  It runs fine on regular gas just like the Trophy.  Both have DOHCs, and the Bonnie's twin cylinders are also fuel injected, and fully CA emissions compliant, although is looks like it has old fashioned twin carburetors.  Those are actually FAKE!  Triumph cleverly disguised them as old school Keikin carburetors, but they function as throttle bodies for the EFI.  The Bonnie is chain driver on the RIGHT SIDE, with rather skinny, wire spoke wheels and tires.  Believe it or not, the "tubeless" Mettzler tires have INTERTUBES necessitated by  the wire wheels, 19" front, 17" rear. 

The Bonnie is a throwback to British motorcycles of 50+ years ago and has not changed much in appearance in all that time.

But, it is this same classical image and heritage that Triumph has absolutely nailed on its thoroughly modernized - albeit, still very low tech - version of the Bonneville.  (Btw, next year's model, recently announced, will be much higher in tech, with a substantially more powerful, 1200cc, vertical twin cylinder, completely new engine.  Next year's model will be known as the T120; no doubt, another famous moniker from the past.

Imho, the outgoing T100 is still one of the most prestigious (and slightly higher MSRP) Bonneville trim levels compared to the standard model (see the Black bike pictured above as an example).  Note the cast aluminum alloy wheels and lower seat position.   I came real close to buying the standard model, all black beauty, which would of saved a thousand bucks.

When I first saw my new T100 "Custom" Bonnie in person, with no less than 8 add on accessories, including a chromed valve cover, I was completely blown away with how breathtaking an old fashion motorcycle actually looks while still brand new.  My Trophy is mighty fine too, but no where near the same level of intrinsic beauty as the classic lines of the Bonneville.  For that matter, the Trophy has virtually no exposed chrome anywhere on the bike.  All T100 models are practically dripping in chrome, but surely no rival to the average fully customized Harley.  To me, the Bonnie is almost as conspicuous without being to "showy". 

In conclusion, as the Bonneville T100 nears the end of production, it is still perhaps the most elegant and timeless classic motorcycle design of all time!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:06:51 pm by dsinned »
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
Re: Meet my new 2015 Bonneville T100 Custom
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 09:27:04 am »
Hi dsinned,  just enjoy    :062: ,  I still think the TTSE  is the best ,  but the T100 is still an excellent second Bike to have,  wish I could talk the wife  :032:   into letting me get another bike ...     :231:
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 10:12:20 am »
Hi dsinned,

from your words you are in LOVE!  :152: :047: :821: It's really great when man and machine gel, enjoy your new ride and thanks for sharing your enthusiastic review,

Love, Light & Peace,

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 12:00:50 pm »
That looks really nice.

Yes I would have one if I could get Financial Concurrence from the Long Haired General  :007:

I have tried telling her the Trophy is lonely in the garage on her own,  :169: Yes you guessed it I was told to go and join her then  :138:
It wasn't me !!

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 12:05:02 pm »
Many years back I had one of these.

A Kawasaki copy of the Bonnie.
It wasn't me !!

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 01:45:09 pm »
*Originally Posted by silverstripes [+]
That looks really nice.

Yes I would have one if I could get Financial Concurrence from the Long Haired General  :007:

I have tried telling her the Trophy is lonely in the garage on her own,  :169: Yes you guessed it I was told to go and join her then  :138:

:231:       :745:   :745:   ( well made me  laugh...)
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 02:35:30 pm »
*Originally Posted by Stelyn [+]
     :231:       :745:   :745:   ( well made me  laugh...)

+1 Me too.
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 05:56:06 pm »
Very nice! :028: