Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trophy Master?  (Read 2819 times)

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
Trophy Master?
« on: November 24, 2015, 10:39:02 am »
Two things happened this weekend.

Firstly I made a 'pilgrimage' to Paris and I also became a Trophy Master.

The trip to Paris was a hastily arranged Iron Butt UK (IBA UK) Ride to Eat (R2E) in response to the wicked individuals who have no concept of modern behaviour.  I did a quick photo and video blog https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6cdf4unngc1o7h3/AACsYwx1Zu6QDRXEbcZbA1CAa?dl=0.  The TTSE was fantastic and did the 48 hour 1,000 mile round trip with ease.  I started out with an Amber weather warning for snow in the North East of England, where I started from, but on close weather watch it looked like I could slip through avoiding snow so I plugged in my Gerbing heated socks and Gloves, put on my LD Comfort base layer, RAB Polortec pants and jacket and Aerostich Roadcrafter along with my Altberg High HOG boots.  All my gear worked very well but the Trophy was the star of the trip.  I could adjust the screen so it gave a downdraft on my visor keeping it rain clear.  Headlights and the ability to adjust their height worked really well.  Now and again I thought some auxiliary lights may have been beneficial but living in Northern Europe you have very infrequent opportunities to use super duper lights because there is always someone heading towards you who does not appreciate being blinded by your lights!

Weather protection is fantastic on the TTSE, also having heated grips was a good thing as my Gerbing electrical connection was intermittent (my poor wiring which I'm going to solve with power from the connection by my left foot peg) was the cause of this.  I have fitted a Russell Day Long, my only farkle so far, and what a good investment that is.  My Garmin 660 made meeting my IBA mates at various RV points was a breeze, as was navigating Paris city centre.  The Radio on the TTSE kept me informed of traffic and weather, brilliant.  Bluetooth to my Shoei Bluetooth helmet gave my significant other peace of mind whilst following me on my iPhone 6+ location App. and the fact she could call me.

Luggage space on TTSE is capacious and the panniers allow me a lovely pallet to put hiz viz stickers giving more feedback to sleepy motorists!  Finally my Michelin PR4GT's gave me confidence and a feeling of being firmly connected to the road.

I love my TTSE.  I love sharing with you guys so to come home having been promoted to Trophy Master was the icing on the cake to a weekend where I felt completely alive.

Later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
Re: Trophy Master?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 11:53:26 am »
Well done Dave a tough trip with weather and emotion.

Screen blade looked good !!! :062:
It wasn't me !!

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 12:08:19 pm »
Pictures look good and glad you had good journey.  Nice write up.

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 01:40:48 pm »
Good photos Dave,  :028: glad you enjoyed the trip on a bike that both behaved and performed,
what do the `Hi Viz'  stickers look like on the panniers ?.    :821:   
 Steve   :018:
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 02:33:22 pm »
Hi Stelyn<

"...what do the `Hi Viz'  stickers look like on the panniers ?. "

Well a picture says a 1,000 words so here's two thousand!

We could not get the stickers to adhere very well to the plastic (black bit) so we made a thin alloy plate and put the stickers on that.  Also used the 3M diamond red tape which is very reflective; I don't know because I have never ridden behind myself!  I must admit on the French Peage on Saturday evening when it was very wet and very dark I was pleased I had them on.  Many cars were on constant hi-beam with very good white lights that were blinding so I'm assuming they easily picked my profile out with these stickers.  I spent about £35 on them but know many who have done this sort of thing a lot cheaper but mine stay on and are extremely reflective.

Love, Light and Peace,

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Online 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE Blue
  • City / Town: Dallas TX
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 10:16:56 pm »
It's hard to know how to react to nut-bags.
Nice to see another IBA member.
IBA # 59602
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophy's

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 02:09:20 am »
Well Done, Dave :028:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968