Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Number of Trophy's Sold  (Read 14905 times)

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Arizona
Number of Trophy's Sold
« on: November 26, 2015, 01:36:28 pm »
Just curious, has anyone heard anything about the total number of bikes sold?  I see we have nearly 2K members of this forum (not all owners) and was curious if the sales are sufficient to keep it in production.   
"That's bold talk from a one eyed fat man"

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
Re: Number of Trophy's Sold
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 01:43:27 pm »
Keep in mind the overall industry trend for sales...

Serial BMW rider

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 01:52:14 pm »
Interesting article (with a fair amount of marketing spin...)

Wharton
Serial BMW rider

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 02:10:43 pm »
Interesting article

But from some reports on this forum I am not sure he is living up to the standards he sees as the way forward.  It also says it collects information from different media I wonder if it gets anything from here!

Perhaps some of the problems is the growth and not matching growth in dealer training and spares holdings?  On the other hand it might be growing pains but if there is money in the product at the dealers they will be prepared to invest more.....

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 12:39:41 am »
*Originally Posted by john348 [+]

But from some reports on this forum I am not sure he is living up to the standards he sees as the way forward.
For what its worth Greg Heichelbech left Triumph in May.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline traveler46

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Iowa
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 02:23:21 pm »
*Originally Posted by sungunr [+]
Just curious, has anyone heard anything about the total number of bikes sold?  I see we have nearly 2K members of this forum (not all owners) and was curious if the sales are sufficient to keep it in production.
Looking back on my travels this summer, 19000 miles, I did not see another Trophy on the rode with the exception of a guy that owns one 25 miles from me. For the most part, most people do not even know they exist. The average rider and many that do not ride in the USA, is obviously infatuated with those 800-900 pound boats with the name Harley Davidson on the gas tank.

I've ridden the late model Harleys and Victorys a number of times and felt they were pretty decent bikes. This past two months I rode a new HD Road Glide and a Victory Magnum. After riding my Trophy this season and my K 1600 for the last three years, I could not get off the HD or Victory fast enough. Both seemed like nothing more than an over grown whale that was dragging an anchor.

People just do not know what they are missing.

Offline redcap0006

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE
  • City / Town: Athlone
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 04:36:21 pm »
You have me thinking now. Apart from the dealers, I have not seen another TTSE on the road in Ireland

Anyone on here in Ireland with a TTSE?
Gary

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 04:43:39 pm »
I'd also like to know the total number too, well at least for the whole of the UK at least and if all of the first year ones had to go in for recalls.

How large is the 'big' touring bike market in general? I've only seen a couple of them on the roads period, even when it's 'Triumph day' at the Ace Cafe, that model is rarely seen by me.

I'm guessing that it's hard to tempt Goldwing, RT & K owners away from their steeds?   

tweedy-bunch