Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Dealertool Group Buy - 20% off time limited offer  (Read 32832 times)

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dealertool Group Buy - 20% off time limited offer
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 10:06:47 pm »
Thanks chaps, two concerns of mine cleared up so I'm good to go I think, hope that we can hit the target of 10, I'm a bit surprised that we haven't already. Maybe there's just not enough owners who are prepared to work on their own bikes any more, they would rather someone else do it?
Humanity is splitting into two groups, A: Those who accept the propaganda & want to be controlled.
B: Those who see through the propaganda & want to be free.

Which one are you?

Offline GreyBeard

• Trophy Member
  • 2013 TTSE "The Silver Streak"
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE ABS
  • City / Town: Long Beach, CA
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 10:22:11 pm »
With earthman onboard we have 6 confirmed, just need 4 more and we're in business.

Graybeard
Volfy
OHRider
brbo
AZBob
earthman

Offline OhioWinger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Southern Ohio
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 10:47:10 pm »
Dang thats an awesome deal, I bought one the week after I bought the bike.

Offline dsinned

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Jose CA
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2015, 12:53:06 am »
I'm sure more members here will be interested . . . DT sounds good to have in your toolbox.  I assume it consists of an OBD-II interface cable and application software that runs on a Windows PC.  The inability to reflash your ECM is probably not too important for most TTSE owners, so you'll still need to go a dealer whenever that may be necessary.  Balancing the TBs on a triple, checking for and clearing DTCs is probably what most people would use it for.

TuneECU is freeware, but you still need to purchase an OBD-II interface cable and install FTDI drivers on your PC to use it.   It also can be used to reflash the ECM from a "public" library of "tunes" or EFI maps, but I'm not sure it support 1215 Trophies.  However, it can do some or all of the other functions.

BIG QUESTION . . . can DT enable icons on the LCD instrument for heated grips and seats???  Inexplicably, Trophies come from the factory with these icons disabled by default.  Thus, many TTSE riders are at the mercy of their dealers for doing that as a post-sale courtesy service (sometimes for a fee).   As such, this can be a PITA if you don't happen to have a local Triumph dealer nearby.  If DT can do this as a "DIY" function, that would be a big PLUS in its favor.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:37:53 pm by dsinned »
Original owner of 2014 Lunar Silver Trophy SE, and 2015 Custom Silver & Black Bonneville T100.

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2015, 02:50:19 am »
DT also resets the service reminder.  That pays for it right there if you are servicing the bike yourself.
It also checks switches like brake lights, cruise control and side stand.

Good tool to have.
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2015, 05:34:37 am »
*Originally Posted by dsinned [+]

BIG QUESTION . . . can DT enable icons on the LCD instrument for heated grips and seats??? 
Nope.

-Don-  SSF, CA
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2015, 06:53:04 am »
*Originally Posted by OhioWinger [+]
Dang thats an awesome deal, I bought one the week after I bought the bike.

Have you used it yet, what do you think of it in general?
Is it straight forward to use, for a non techy PC persons point of view?

I'm still riding a bike that uses carbs, I'm use to fixing the metal bits on vehicles but these modern electronics do my head in, stepping up to a Trophy/modern bike maybe a steep learning curve for me. Lol
Humanity is splitting into two groups, A: Those who accept the propaganda & want to be controlled.
B: Those who see through the propaganda & want to be free.

Which one are you?

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2015, 08:21:18 am »
*Originally Posted by earthman [+]
Have you used it yet, what do you think of it in general?
Is it straight forward to use, for a non techy PC persons point of view?
It's easy to use after you once get it working. Sometimes on some computers the software and drivers are difficult to get working correctly. But DT support is good at figuring out such problems and they are quick to respond.

Using DT on the bike is the easy part, when it's all set up correctly.

When you try to read your ECM code, if it looks like it only starts to read and stops at less than 10% or so, it ain't going to work. No need to wait. Might have a driver or port problem or whatever.

When it works, it's fairly fast to read the ECM. Perhaps ten seconds or so  at the very  longest.

Using DT on the bike seems to be the easy part, when you once have it working.

It's probably best to use DT on a dedicated laptop, which has no internet, and no need for Windows updates.

-Don-  SSF, CA

1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

tweedy-bunch