Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sena 10S not staying connected.  (Read 2128 times)

Offline carl_in_az

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: scottsdale
Sena 10S not staying connected.
« on: December 14, 2015, 07:49:48 pm »
I have a 2015 Trophy which connects to my old Sena SMH10, but it keeps resetting on my Trophy's radio bluetooth connection with my new Sena 10S.  I have reset the the Sena 10S many times to factory defaults. The 10S connects up to either the Trophy's headset or device bluetooth connection but drops out every four to five seconds then reconnects.

The  intercom works fine on the 10S. The SMH 10 also fits in Sena's new microphone/speaker clamp connector so I am temporarily using the SMH10 and my wife uses the 10S on her bike. I would like to use the 10S on my bike due to the longer battery life and extended intercom range. My SMH10 is about five years old and the battery life is getting shorter every time I recharge it.

Any ideas?

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Sena 10S not staying connected.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 10:31:04 pm »
Plug the SMH10 in with a charging cable while you're using it if you have  dead battery issue on it.  When mine gets weak enough I may open it up and see what kind of battery it is and try replacing it myself without buying another unit.  I saw somewhere that you can buy just the SMH10 bluetooth module by itself for $79?, but Revzilla's current price on sale is just under $135 for one.  Mine is almost 4 years old now and still ok, but they keep improving bluetooth on all the brands with each new model.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline carl_in_az

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: scottsdale
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 11:22:32 pm »
I carry a charger in my jacket for the SMH10, but it goes dead on long rides which is a pain to pull over when leading a group. The new 10S battery last for 12 hours on my wife's helmet and the intercom range is much longer. I got a new complete 10S dual dual pack headset from Motorcycle Dave's in Linden CA for $351. He has a no advertised special on Sena products. He delivers in just a couple days.

Offline brbo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Kingston
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 12:28:23 am »
My 2nd helmet carries a 10R I think that is a different battery since its remote - battery was amazing for about the first year - and then really dropped quickly...

I ride with a USB cable handy and just ride with my helmet plugged in - kind of a pain,,

I noticed in cold weather <10'C it would die from full charge in 1-2hrs.... what I did to help this greatly was moved the battery to the inside of the helmet (dirt helmet lots of extra room) - it stays much warmer and works at least double that inside the warmth,,

The dropping issue not sure whats up there - I would recommend only using #1 for headset - I tried #2 for the headset and had a bunch of issue - now I leave it on #1 and all is good - rock solid actually on either of my headsets - 20s or 10r - connection to bike is not an issue...

I've had my 20S for about a year - and that thing is incredibly better regardless of temp - I seem to get 12-15hrs no matter if I'm using intercom radio or just mp3s from the phone...crazy good bat life...
'19 Tiger 1200 xcA - matte marine

tweedy-bunch