Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: How To: Adjust TTSE Valves  (Read 26154 times)

Offline smash

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
Re: How To: Adjust TTSE Valves
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2020, 04:03:51 am »
Valves all adjusted, engine turning normally and closed back up.  Now just to wait on some parts and fasteners my former dealer seems to think I could do without.   Turns out center air deflectors have to come on the slow boat from the UK, but considering the bike has been at the former dealer since June another few weeks is no big deal.

A big THANK YOU to Jan for the tutorial and to everyone who answered questions.

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2020, 09:27:02 am »
If you can run/use the bike at this stage, I would, just to go through a couple of heat cycles and check for oil leaks around the cam cover for example. This is one of the downsides with a bike with tupper ware, once all that is put back on, you may not notice a leak until some time later, then you have to remove it all again to sort out a gasket/seal.

Offline smash

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2020, 01:48:33 pm »
I would like to check things out but I'm missing the two forward bolts for the reed valves, along with the air deflector they also secure, and the two bolts at the lower rear of the airbox.  I don't know how long those items have been missing but I'd rather not run the bike without them. 

I intend to reassemble only as far as necessary for it to run (gas tank and battery) and check for leaks without the plastic on as soon as I can.