Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Centerstand Lock  (Read 5693 times)

Offline brbo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Kingston
Centerstand Lock
« on: December 30, 2015, 08:25:16 pm »
I've been thinking about this for a while, and since the recent posts I saw about disk locks I thought maybe someone has come up with something for this on the Triumph...to discuss

I'm looking to add a very simple bracket somewhere around one of the top CS bolts - and you could simply pop a pad lock through the bracket and center stand for theft prevention,, and even if you forgot the lock you aren't going to damage anything you'll simply not be able to push bike forward off the center stand....

Locking the center stand I think would be the best idea for both theft and a safety issue with people playing around on the bike from popping forward..sure it does not prevent a couple of REALLY big guys from lifting it onto the back of a box truck hydraulic tailgate - but a professional will steal it no matter how you lock her down !!

I have not found anything that would work for the TTSE online or anything anyone has made, has anyone here ever come up with something like this or or have another suggestion

Here's a great solution for BMW Scooters - I'd love something like this

http://youtu.be/U-RbFzlCJ_E

Here's one I found on a Goldwing Forum about locking the center stand, obviously just a safety lock not for theft prevention....

http://youtu.be/hUcKO3diJ8Ihttp://youtu.be/JBS01VTvgEQ
'19 Tiger 1200 xcA - matte marine

Offline brbo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Centerstand Lock
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 01:51:28 pm »
So no one has seen this done on a TTSE ?

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 06:17:22 pm »
I sort of like the idea... but even more so than a disk lock I think it important to have one of those luminous cables to remind you the lock is applied. If you try to roll the Trophy off the centre stand and it is locked and you have forgotten it might go over very easily!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline brbo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 10:54:32 pm »
I doubt it could fall easily at all - see the goldwing video above - back and forth the bike would never fall, and even sideways would require a big push to go over... unless you put the bike into gear to use the rear tire torque to pop off the center stand - I think this would be the safest way to lock the bike...

I've seen lots of fender/rotor damage vids with a disc lock that would never apply to this setup...

I wish I had some tools I could fabricate a simple latch with a hoop for a pad lock to give this a try...

*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]
I sort of like the idea... but even more so than a disk lock I think it important to have one of those luminous cables to remind you the lock is applied. If you try to roll the Trophy off the centre stand and it is locked and you have forgotten it might go over very easily!

Offline gtgt2112

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 05:39:42 pm »
 Re: The theft aspect.
« Reply #13 on: Today at 08:48:29 AM »

As suggested, a center stand lock mod

whilst making the stand shorter I took the opportunity to drill two holes for a padlock.
Although not a high security padlock it does make a lot of noise if it's knocked, that plus the
difficulty trying to move a bike with the main stand locked down is about a far as I go.

Offline brbo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 05:42:39 pm »
Very Cool - any chance you have a few more pics ?

*Originally Posted by gtgt2112 [+]

whilst making the stand shorter I took the opportunity to drill two holes for a padlock.
Although not a high security padlock it does make a lot of noise if it's knocked, that plus the
difficulty trying to move a bike with the main stand locked down is about a far as I go.

Offline plgoddard

• Trophy Pro
  • IBA #61353
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Detroit
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 11:48:56 pm »

Nice!! :028:

Offline brbo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 06:34:36 am »
Brilliant, I should have actually taken the bike off the stand to look closer, I thought that was all one piece part of the stand...

Now to measure it all out and get the appropriate sized pad lock, and voila...

Cheers

I took the opportunity to drill two holes for a padlock.

tweedy-bunch