Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: TTSE R2E (Triumph Trophy SE Ride to Eat) Saturday 13th February 2016  (Read 3607 times)

Online GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
I'm calling a Ride to Eat (R2E) at the A68 Café, Toft Hill Lane, Bishop Auckland, DL14 0JF at 12 Noon on Saturday 13th February.

The idea of an R2E is they may be called by anyone, anytime and those interested put their names down to attend.  It is then up to the originator of the R2E, in this case me, to communicate with the selected establishment to ensure there are facilities for those interested.  It could be me on my own or 100's of you TTSE owners wanting to spend a bit of time with each other to talk BS and kick tyres as well as having a spot of lunch.

This is something we regularly do in other groups I'm affiliated to.  Just before Christmas the Iron Butt Association UK called one in Paris, some of you may think its a bit extreme to go for a Burger in Paris with mates when it is 1,000 miles each way! 

So anyone care to join me?  Up in the hills in February may mean we have to take a rain check, or more likely a snow check, but I'll make that call on the Friday when the best weather forecast is available.

Love, light and kindness,

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline 1675

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Spennymoor
Re: TTSE R2E (Triumph Trophy SE Ride to Eat) Saturday 13th February 20
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 10:35:15 pm »
Can I come in the car?

Online GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 06:54:41 am »
*Originally Posted by 1675 [+]
Can I come in the car?

Of course you can. 

I would probably only come on my TTSE as the journey on my bike will be part of the fun.  If the weather was such that I could make it in the car then I'd probably think I could make it on the bike.  We had an R2E with IBA UK in December at the OK Diner on the A19 at Elwick; I got caught in Snow  :190: on the way home, one of the party had to leave his bike on the coast due to snow and get public transport home!

I was due to attend an R2E in Otterburn with the NEG but the sensible lads called it off; I was keen to give it a go on the bike, the sensible ones were right as Otterburn was cut off with floods! :191:

I just love riding the TTSE anytime.

Dave

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline 1675

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 09:34:42 am »
I love to ride mine anytime anywhere, but its the salt I hate. This may be an unknown quantity to other forum readers from warmer climes, but it kills motorcycles.
See you there

Online GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 10:04:31 am »
*Originally Posted by 1675 [+]
I love to ride mine anytime anywhere, but its the salt I hate. This may be an unknown quantity to other forum readers from warmer climes, but it kills motorcycles.
See you there

Salt is a big issue. 

At the start of each winter I get my bike coated in ACF50 professionally by 'All Year Biker' and then have to resist the need to clean the bike, I can rinse it off but not use lots of detergent and jet wash.  The bike looks scruffy through the winter but it does allow me to ride when the weather is compliant without undue concern of corrosion from road salt.  After doing this on my last bike and last winter with this one the fasteners and other stuff stayed pretty good when it was all cleaned up in spring.  My Kawasaki GTR (Concours) had 90,000 miles and three winters but looked good IMHO following this ACF50 strategy.

Living in the UK has made me come up with strategies to ride whenever I can, I think at the ripe old age of 64 I have my kit and bike sorted to ride all year round, mind you at present my 1951 H-D Panhead is on a SORN and will not go out 'till the sun is cracking the flags!

Dave

Dave

2016 TTSE

Online GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 09:41:24 am »
I was informed yesterday that my Advanced Motorcycle Group is hosting an Observers meeting on this very same day and as I cant be in two places at once we can do two things:

1.  Go ahead without me.
2.  Reschedule the date to Saturday 20th February

I really must attend the Observers meeting.

Dave

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline Phil

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 11:12:43 am »
A bit far for me at the moment.   There are a number of good cafes in Essex, some of which I have not tried yet, so I'll venture a little closer to home.  But meanwhile, Have a great  ride and plenty to eat.  Enjoy.

Freeway Phil
 :046: :152: :046: :152: :046: :152:

Offline 1675

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 09:09:28 am »
I reckon we should reschedule. Seeing it was your idea, be rude not to