The greatest accessory... EVER! by brenchley
[Today at 07:52:36 pm]

shudder upon deceleration by Coconut
[Today at 07:29:11 pm]

Wishbone Replacement by janfmiller
[Today at 06:55:02 pm]

Strebel Air Horn installed! by Coconut
[Today at 06:03:04 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: TTSE Toy Hauler/RV Camper  (Read 6456 times)

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 16 Moto Guzzi Griso
TTSE Toy Hauler/RV Camper
« on: January 07, 2016, 04:21:25 pm »
Since I really like riding the TTSE in different areas of the country, and since my wife doesn't ride, I've been considering purchasing a toy hauler/RV similar to the one in the photos below so that I can bring the TTSE with us on vacations and trips. She likes traveling and adventure and like's the idea, so no problem there. With plentiful state and national parks with RV hook ups all over the country and thousands of private ones too, I'm considering this idea. I'd be looking at one with a full kitchen, bath/shower and good sleeping quarters a must. The one pictured below has a queen size bed above the garage area and this one is selling for $15000 US, its a year & a half old, but I'm thinking buying new, so it would be considerably more in cost. I also have a covered storage area to keep it in at my shop. Even thou I've trailered my bikes plenty over the years, I've never owned a toy hauler type camper and was wondering if anyone here has, or has anyone here had any good or bad experiences with them, just to give me a better idea of the pro's & cons of this idea. I've trailered a lot of large equipment in my previous occupation in the Hazmat industry, so trailering experience is good. I do know that these do not hold their value and it drops considerably as soon as you drive it off the lot. Anything else out there that I need to know before implementing this idea, any input from anyone is appreciated.

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
Re: TTSE Toy Hauler/RV Camper
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 04:58:56 pm »
Wow, looks pretty spacial! UK roads would be a problem though!!

Offline Studley

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Vancouver
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 05:31:46 pm »
Do it. If it means that you and your wife get to holiday together and you get to ride more... how can that not be a good thing. Personally I'd go for the one pictured above unless it has cleanliness issues. I am not inclined to buy new on something on like that unless after a season or two my wife says I love this let's do more. Then I would spring for a new unit.

IMO there is a difference between, those who trailer their bike in order to ride and those who use a rig like this to go on extended tour.

Best of luck and let us know how it works out. If you do go ahead can I suggest, Cortez area and Mesa Verde for your first ride park destination vacation. Puts you close to a ton of good riding and there are plenty of things to do & see with your wife.

YMMV

Studley

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 16 Moto Guzzi Griso
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 06:20:50 pm »
Wow, looks pretty spacial! UK roads would be a problem though!!

Yeah, I thought about that as I was typing the post. Most likely it would be a problem in some other countries also.

Do it. If it means that you and your wife get to holiday together and you get to ride more

That was my line of thinking too because many times I make the trips on the bike without her, I know she would enjoy some of those places that I visit and we'd be able to vacation/holiday more together.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 07:12:59 pm »
I had considered something similar in the past with a horse box.

You can get many that have living quarters and facilities at one end and obviously space to park your iron horses at one end with a ramp up to it.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline LongRanger

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 07:57:07 pm »
Is your wife being consulted on this box? She might want something more upscale, more like a home on wheels. Just an idea..........http://americancoach.com/

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 08:19:48 pm »
That is definitely more like it.... but where would you put the Trophy???

And I guess it is one of those.... if you have to ask how much it is..... you can't afford it!
 :745: :745:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline brbo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Kingston
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 05:58:08 am »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]
.... but where would you put the Trophy???

Not to worry there are options... you can even add a trailer on this one if you needed a bit more room

Click the pick for options if red is not your colour....   :007:

'19 Tiger 1200 xcA - matte marine

tweedy-bunch