Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: MOT and Annual Inspection red flags  (Read 1443 times)

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
MOT and Annual Inspection red flags
« on: January 13, 2016, 09:07:02 pm »
In the UK from 3 years old every vehicle on the road requires an MOT test certificate. Other countries also have annual safety inspection requirements. As many more bikes are hitting that point where the annual inspection is required I thought it might be good if when we take those MOT inspections we list the mileage we have done and any items that have caused you to fail the test or that you have been warned about.

With this information others approaching the test may be able to do some pre-work to ensure they get through the inspection without major cost or inconvenience.

If you have recently taken a safety inspection MOT then please post these details for us all to be aware of.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Re: MOT and Annual Inspection red flags
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 10:45:10 pm »
What a great idea!

Offline threeup

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE - Black
  • City / Town: Nantwich
Re: MOT and Annual Inspection red flags
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 01:19:20 pm »
This could be of interest
MOT Date  : 15 July 2015
Mileage: 18036

Advisory (i.e. did not fail but something should be done about it): 001 Front Brake Roller brake test indicates slight fluctuation of brake effort

I was aware of this and had mentioned it. It manifests itself to the rider as jerky or irregular braking at slow speed - worrisome on slippery surfaces. It had been fixed about a year earlier by a disc replacement under warranty. That kind of work is warrantied for 2 years so hey presto it was new front discs and pads under warranty - with another 2 years now covered on those items
Now got Black TTSE
Used to have Pre-Launch Trophy - lowest recorded Trophy VIN
Why Threeup? Me, SWMBO and her bear (Fredbear)

tweedy-bunch