Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: SoCal Trophy...sorta...  (Read 1039 times)

Offline DrTizz

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
SoCal Trophy...sorta...
« on: May 15, 2013, 05:14:48 AM »
Greetings, All...

Picked up my Trophy about 2 weeks ago, had 200 miles of wonder (coming from the Dual Sport world, it actually took time to get used to the lack of vibration!), but currently Trophy-less...
  The wife texted me at work and asked if the garage was supposed to be smelling like gasoline.  Well, I guess it had to embrace its British Bike heritage and leak *something*.  Just found out the tank had a deformation where the seal was and had started leaking.  Real question is whether there is a replacement tank in the States or not.

Anyway, thought I'd say hi, love the bike, and wondering if anyone here is going to STAR 2013 in Lexington next month...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:17:27 AM by DrTizz »
<><><>
"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science...it is an opinion"  --This means you, CNN!

2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2010 Kawasaki Versys

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: SoCal Trophy...sorta...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 05:50:06 AM »
Welcome. Sorry you are off to a bad start.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 01:40:24 PM »
Yessir, all the SE's at Ray Price Triumph needed replacements including mine! No worries, Triumph are all over it, plenty of new tanks to go around. They loaned me a new Ultra-Glide Classic, free of charge, for the week that I had to wait for my tank to come in from the left coast here to North Carolina....sure glad to have my Trumpet back, made that Harley feel all kinds of foolish in comparison!  :008: -Dr Ron
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline DrTizz

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 02:58:10 PM »
Just to complete the saga, it was a 3 week wait to get a new tank.  Evidently the supply of spares in the states had been exhausted.  Just got the bike back yesterday and now I've gotta get the break-in done quickly before the road trip in 3 weeks...

...and 100 miles later, the dreaded fork seal rears its ugly head...sigh...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:34:21 PM by DrTizz »
<><><>
"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science...it is an opinion"  --This means you, CNN!

2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2010 Kawasaki Versys

tweedy-bunch