Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Autocom dos anybody now who can fit into helmet for me  (Read 2809 times)

Offline trophy4me

• Trophy Pro
  • ride safe (Harley, Dylan, Milo.)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: grimsby
Autocom dos anybody now who can fit into helmet for me
« on: January 20, 2016, 10:40:14 am »
Hey All

Yes it may sound stupid but I can just not do it properly, l also paid a triumph dealership to fit but still no good.
So is here anybody out there (uk) who know a dealership or bike shop who can do it properly I've just got  2 new open face  shoei's.
Any help  :087:
Thank you
trophy4me (Andy)

Offline Studley

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Vancouver
Re: Autocom dos anybody now who can fit into helmet for me
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 07:22:31 pm »
Hey trophy4me, do not despair. It is a project I'm sure you can do yourself with a little coaching.

What is it that you are trying to accomplish and what has been done so far? How did the dealer come up short in your opinion / what did they not accomplish? Shoei's are fairly easy to work on / modify. Let me know more of what you are trying to do and I'll do my best to help.

Studley

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 07:52:48 pm »
Yes... I fit my Autocom headset to my Shoei Neotec without any major issue. One of the key things I found was drilling a couple of small holes, not in the shell of the helmet but in the hard plastic rim where you could pass through a cable tie to grip the 'pigtail' to stop it pulling out.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Studley

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 08:10:18 pm »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]
Yes... I fit my Autocom headset to my Shoei Neotec without any major issue. One of the key things I found was drilling a couple of small holes, not in the shell of the helmet but in the hard plastic rim where you could pass through a cable tie to grip the 'pigtail' to stop it pulling out.

+1 on the drill / mini zip tie bolster solution.

Studley

Offline trophy4me

• Trophy Pro
  • ride safe (Harley, Dylan, Milo.)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: grimsby
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 09:47:29 pm »
Hello Studley

Brand new helmets so I will have to remove them from the old helmet and start again.
Basically the dealership did a rubbish job.
So just need some ideas I know it sounds stupid but I just want it to be done correctly

Regards

Andy
trophy4me (Andy)

Offline Studley

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 11:36:19 pm »
Hey Andy, happy to help but need more info in order to do so. What is rubbish? Are we talking speaker installation? Are we talking hard wire routing or bolstering cables? Tell us what is wrong in your mind and or post pictures and what need take place for it to be right by you.

Until I have a better idea of what the issue / issues are I can't offer much help. You mention "Old helmet" now does that mean we are talking about 3 helmets, two new and one Old. Just need more info.

Let me / us know and I'm sure we can make it right.

In the end I'm sure once we / you get into it with the right guidance / benefit from the experience of others we can work it out. You won't need someone else to do it for you.

Thanks

Studley.