Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sena 20s music cut out fix when using with the Trophy radio  (Read 2661 times)

Offline jesse64

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Scottsdale
Sena 20s music cut out fix when using with the Trophy radio
« on: January 24, 2016, 08:11:29 pm »
For those who use the 20s there is a new firmware release, 1.16.  I've complained to Sena several times about the problem where the music would cut off and on.  What I found most recently is it was worst when I had both the radio and my phone paired and connected.  They continually told me the problem must lie in the radio.

I did the 20s firmware update last week and it seems to have solved the problem.  This is why I hate non-techical customer support.  Looks like it was a problem with the 20s all along. 

The pairing setup that seems to work best for me is to do the regular phone pairing to with my phone (Samsung s6 android) first then pair the 20s to the Trophy radio using the second phone pairing.  This allows me hear the music and GPS through the bike radio and to receive calls as well as make calls using the 20s speed dial function.  I also use an android app called ReadItToMe that will read incoming text messages which I hear in the 20s headset.  If you use this pairing setup and you don't get music at first just press/hold the outer button for 2 seconds until you get 2 beeps to switch between the two audio devices for music.

Offline greenduck1966

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: hornchurch
Re: Sena 20s music cut out fix when using with the Trophy radio
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 08:58:11 pm »
good to know as i can use the bike radio to the 20s as the 20s radio is rubbish
assumption  is the mother of all f~~~ups

Offline carl_in_az

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: scottsdale
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 02:03:55 am »
Now if the could just fix the issue on the new 10S units life would be perfect. I still have the old SMH10 unit and just returned my 10S unit under warranty. I sent your comments to Sena's tech group to see if they can make the same firmware changes to the new 10S.

Offline Dave_NWTrophy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Pacific Northwest
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 05:02:47 pm »
I have a Sena SMH10 that I use with mine.  The issue I believe lies with the Trophy BT module having a weak signal.  My headset cuts in and out at specific locations, and if I turn my head so my headset is closer to the right side of the bike, where the BT module lives, the breakup of the signal goes away (I have experimented at a specific stoplight that has a cluster of cell towers).  I did not have this problem when the same headset was paired with just my phone for audio.  It's good that the latest 20S firmware has fixed this, but I think the root cause is either the BT antenna or signal strength from the module.

Offline carl_in_az

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: scottsdale
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 02:27:51 am »
My two SMH 10 units work well over 20 feet away from the bike. My 10S unit could be on my right handlebar and it looses connection after two seconds. I have yet to find a person that has a Sena 10S units working on a Triumph Trophy which leads me to believe it is more likely a Sena issue.
I did get their first production units that is why I asked for a warranty repair.