Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Aftermarket Triumph parts availability in U.S.  (Read 3309 times)

Offline Xsv

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE, 2017 BMW
  • City / Town: Washington State
Aftermarket Triumph parts availability in U.S.
« on: January 26, 2016, 02:20:24 am »
I recently ordered some items for the trophy from bike bandit.com and Pure-triumph.

Bike bandit for gps mount parts and heated grip parts.  Part of that order is "back ordered " and the other shows "ordered", but not shipped.  The part ordered will be here in another 2 weeks as they told me it ships from UK to them and then to me.  So about 22 days total.

From pure triumph I ordered R&G crash bats, sliders, etc and pannier and trunk liners.  When I saw that it had not shipped after about 3 days for items that showed available I gave them a call. They advised they were waiting for one more bag and it should go out last Friday.  As of yet still not shipped....6 days since order.

So is this normal for the aftermarket parts for this bike?  I know that I am impatient, but damn  :002:

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
Re: Aftermarket Triumph parts availability in U.S.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 12:26:35 pm »
My local dealer orders from Triumph once a week to save freight so it depends on when I order on how long it will take.

My last order Triumph part order  from Bike Bandit also took three weeks.

There is not a lot of aftermarket things for the Trophy, but I don't think it needs much.

On a positive note, everything seems to be much more reasonably priced compared to BMW parts.
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 12:42:22 pm »
You can get R&G parts in the US from Twisted Throttle .

For genuine Triumph parts, I use Hermy's online store with good success and service.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:45:00 pm by azgman »
Serial BMW rider

Offline Xsv

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 01:42:02 pm »
*Originally Posted by atrophy [+]

There is not a lot of aftermarket things for the Trophy, but I don't think it needs much.

On a positive note, everything seems to be much more reasonably priced compared to BMW parts.

I am happy that it doesn't need much!  I am extremely happy about not ordering an aftermarket cruise control. :047: lol

Offline Xsv

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 01:48:43 pm »
*Originally Posted by azgman [+]
You can get R&G parts in the US from Twisted Throttle .

For genuine Triumph parts, I use Hermy's online store with good success and service.

Thanks for the Hermy's link.  I did see the R&G products at twisted throttle, but for the swing arm slider, axle sliders and crash bars were an additional $185 at twisted throttle :233:

Frugal and impatient I guess :002:

Offline Volfy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Gulf Coast
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 04:00:37 pm »
Ordering from overseas is hit and miss.  Sometimes I get a within a few days, other times more than a month.  Best thing to do is to make sure you have a recourse if and when things don't go right.  Purchasing through ebay and/or paying with Paypal mitigate a lot of the risks, as you can file a dispute to get a refund.  If you credit card has purchase protection, that'll work too, but the dispute process isn't as well laid out as with ebay and paypal.
Converto, ergo sum.       '15 300RR, '15 250XCF-W, '14 K1600GT, '12 VFR1200, '05 GSXR600 (track).

Offline Studley

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Vancouver
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 05:32:36 pm »
One other bit of coaching, if you are planning a road trip make sure your bike is "road ready" weeks ahead of your departure date. Waiting for accessories is one thing, waiting to hit the road is a completely different matter.

Studley

Offline AZBob

• Trophy Master
  • Wubalubadubdub!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Chandler, AZ
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 07:16:09 pm »
I've ordered from both vendors. Bike Bandit is always at least two weeks. Pure Triumph depends on what they have in stock and what they have to order.
2014 Triumph Trophy 1200 SE
2013 Honda CB1100

tweedy-bunch