* Recent New Topics

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: What touring helmet do you use?  (Read 80175 times)

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
Re: What touring helmet do you use?
« Reply #256 on: May 20, 2019, 07:05:37 AM »
I just bought a new Noland N100-5 and ordered a B901L from Italy to use with it.

Most comfy helmet I have ever tried on. Perfect fit.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline LarryJa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Cedarbrook, NJ
« Reply #257 on: May 20, 2019, 08:43:12 PM »
I have an HJC IS-MAX II modular that I've had for a few year. It's a relatively light & economical modular & I've put a Scala Cardo Rider Q2 on it, for intercom use.
They're not made anymore, but they have a minorly updated version.
A good man once told me, "Don't sell your bike. It's your soul."....

Offline LarryJa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 24, 2020, 06:16:21 PM »
I just ordered a Scorpion exo-at950, in white.
I wanted a modular helmet that wouldn't interfere with my glasses. I have been getting tired of my hjc pushing my glasses down after a half an hour or so.
The scorpion is a modular "adventure" helmet, with a larger face opening, to accommodate goggles, off road, but it does have a flip shied too.
I tried one on today & immediately ordered the gloss white one that I want. The fit was most comfortable, no glasses interference, even from the built in sunshield.
I'll provide feedback on use after I get it.

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #259 on: July 24, 2020, 07:49:05 PM »
I have the AT-950 medium with large cheek pads in it that fits well and is reasonalby quiet, but I usually wear my Shoei Neotec II that I got a screaming deal on at a local dealer's one day only in stock helmet sale.  They had exactly 1 medium size helmet.  I'm guessing they were intending to place an order to re-stock and wanted to be able to order enough quantity for an extra price break.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline OpusThePenguin

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Brunswick
« Reply #260 on: August 07, 2020, 05:06:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by LarryJa [+]
I just ordered a Scorpion exo-at950, in white.
I wanted a modular helmet that wouldn't interfere with my glasses. I have been getting tired of my hjc pushing my glasses down after a half an hour or so.
The scorpion is a modular "adventure" helmet, with a larger face opening, to accommodate goggles, off road, but it does have a flip shied too.
I tried one on today & immediately ordered the gloss white one that I want. The fit was most comfortable, no glasses interference, even from the built in sunshield.
I'll provide feedback on use after I get it.

I've been using the EXO-AT950 in the Neocon orange for a year or so now.  I took off the sun visor and love this helmet.  The large opening (meant to be able to take small to medium goggles for off road) offers great field of view.  I find it super comfortable, not too heavy and I love the way it looks.  The sunshield has a great snap to it (which I prefer to the sliding ones).  It is not a quiet helmet though but I always ride with ear plugs in, and if you take the chin screen thing off it's even louder (I had to to this for my Comm's mike for opening and closing the visor.

If I could add one thing to the helmet it would be to be able to open the visor just a crack, but I don't have any real fogging issues so it's a minor complaint.

Would buy again.

Offline LarryJa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 08, 2020, 01:11:30 AM »
I got my Scorpion exo-at950 & added a silver coated face shield. I, also, removed the visor.
I, also, have to admit that most of the time I ride with my face shield all the way open, since I do wear glasses. The sunshield works well, even with my glasses!
This helmet is so much better that the hjc that it replaces, although it is a little noisier that I had expected.
All in all, it a quite fine modular helmet & I love it!
Priced well too!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 01:34:04 AM by LarryJa »

Online tdragger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg
« Reply #262 on: August 08, 2020, 02:32:01 AM »
I've been very pleased with my Bell SRT Modular.  Fiberglass construction (I really don't like polycarb helmets) and it fits me better than the Shoei Neotech that I had previously.  In the last Iron Butt Rally I went pretty much the entire 11 days without taking it off other than a few hours each day to sleep (one day I didn't even do that as I slept next to the bike with my helmet on).
-------------------------------------
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #609 (formerly 42146)

tweedy-bunch