Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Where to route excess Zumo 660 wire?  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Xsv

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE, 2017 BMW
  • City / Town: Washington State
Where to route excess Zumo 660 wire?
« on: January 29, 2016, 11:49:27 pm »
I installed the R&G bars today and also was getting an idea on how to mount the Zumo 660.  I have reviewed the how to thread and have it apart while I await the arrival of the mount. 

However, I took the zumo 660 wire harness and was trying to figure out where/how to route it so the fuse ends up behind the left mirror.  So my stupid question, is there a preferred routing for what you do with the extra 3 feet of Zumo harness?! :008:

It looks like I can drop it straight down to the panel that sits under the headlight?  I think If I wrapped up the extra and put behind the mirror I'd never be able to get the mirror to rotate back into place. :002:

Offline Studley

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Vancouver
Re: Where to route excess Zumo 660 wire?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 11:57:21 pm »
Hey Xsv, as you indicated, start your wiring @ the point where you want it>>> My excess wiring was wrapped around my fist a few times then lightly zip tied into a bundle that found a spot to wedge into up front. There are plenty to work with I think you'll be fine.

Studley

Offline Xsv

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE, 2017 BMW
  • City / Town: Washington State
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 12:06:47 am »
My last bike seemed much more cavernous under the fairing.  I found the Triumph pretty tight up there.

Have to admit, after taking all the plastic off for the crash bars, I like how they put this thing together.   First time taking it off took about 45 minutes with no cussing. :046:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 10:06:13 am »
*Originally Posted by Studley [+]
Hey Xsv, as you indicated, start your wiring @ the point where you want it>>> My excess wiring was wrapped around my fist a few times then lightly zip tied into a bundle that found a spot to wedge into up front. There are plenty to work with I think you'll be fine.

Studley

Exactly how I did it Studley
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch