Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Harbor Freight Lift Table (picture)  (Read 5536 times)

Offline Xsv

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE, 2017 BMW
  • City / Town: Washington State
Harbor Freight Lift Table (picture)
« on: February 18, 2016, 05:01:08 am »
For those that have a local harbor freight I came across one of their coupons for the 1000lb lift for $299.  It is very solid with bike on it.  However, I learned a valuable lesson...don't use the center stand on the lift...was a huge pain to get it off because the bike wants to slide on the stand instead of come down  :156:

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
Re: Harbor Freight Lift Table (picture)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 08:42:52 am »
Small strip of rubber mat glued to the table will stop the stand sliding  :169:

Looks good and I like the Bayliner  :152:
It wasn't me !!

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 09:00:50 am »
You could also consider bolting a short length of Angle Iron or similar ( wood ? ) onto the Platform,
just forward of the left Centre Stand leg - to act as a "stop", to prevent your Trophy from sliding forward ?>

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 09:15:38 am »
*Originally Posted by Xsv [+]
For those that have a local harbor freight I came across one of their coupons for the 1000lb lift for $299.  It is very solid with bike on it.  However, I learned a valuable lesson...don't use the center stand on the lift...was a huge pain to get it off because the bike wants to slide on the stand instead of come down
I have the same problem with my TTSE even on the garage floor without using the lift. I find getting it up on the centerstand is very easy compared to getting it off. I rarely use the centerstand on the TTSE. Only when I must, such as to remove a wheel.

I own that same HFT lift and purchased it for $299.00  last summer. So far, I have only used it with my BMW and with it, the centerstand is no issue.

That HFT lift is only $299.00 when they have them on sale at the price and that is the lowest I have seen and requires a coupon. But my February 2016 HFT "Tool Disposal Notice" shows the price as $324.44 on page 2 and that is only with the  coupon (otherwise $429.00 without the coupon).

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Xsv

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 01:35:01 pm »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
You could also consider bolting a short length of Angle Iron or similar ( wood ? ) onto the Platform,
just forward of the left Centre Stand leg - to act as a "stop", to prevent your Trophy from sliding forward ?>

Great idea !

Offline Xsv

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 01:36:35 pm »
*Originally Posted by silverstripes [+]
Small strip of rubber mat glued to the table will stop the stand sliding  :169:

Looks good and I like the Bayliner  :152:

That damn bayliner  intrudes on my summer time  motorcycle riding :233: :002:

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 03:34:12 pm »
We haven't got HarborFreight over here and I am sure the postage would be lots ?  Went in to  HFT last time I was in Buffalo with a load of vouchers but not for me.  I am sure the plane would object.  Have to rely on Ebay or the like.

Offline AZBob

• Trophy Master
  • Wubalubadubdub!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Chandler, AZ
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 04:47:14 pm »
You can get the Harbor Freight lift for $199 if you wait for black Friday. I recommend two things based on the comments I saw online: 1) Get a better chock. I did and it's very nice now. 2) Buy hydraulic oil and check your ram when you put it together. Mine was empty and would have failed almost immediately.

Some advice for using the lift: Never put the bike on its center stand while on the lift. Get the better chock and strap the bike to the lift (same as if you were transporting it). Mine has been on the lift for nearly a week now without moving. Always use the bracing bar, never allow the lift to be held up merely by the hydraulic ram for longer than it takes to strap the bike down or unstrap it.
2014 Triumph Trophy 1200 SE
2013 Honda CB1100

tweedy-bunch