Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Can't figure out Bluetooth issue  (Read 5789 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Xsv

  • Trophy Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 474
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE, 2017 BMW
  • City / Town: Washington State
  • Country: USA
Can't figure out Bluetooth issue
« on: February 26, 2016, 04:35:33 am »
I like to ride with noise cancelling earbuds.  I bought a Bluetooth receiver (dongle) to plug the earbuds 3.5mm jack into to receive the Bluetooth signal.

I can pair it to the zumo 660 and play music through it.

I paired it to the trophy on headset.  As soon as pairing is successful and I am on the setup screen it will play from the triumph Bluetooth signal for about 2 seconds and then stops.

I paired it to the "device" Bluetooth on the trophy and was met with the same result.

I have unpaired everything and started over. Each time I was met with the same result.

What is throwing me is that it will pair up and play before I guess disconnecting and not reestablishing contact.

Here is the dongle....any ideas?  Went on a 4 hour ride today. Played music from GPS to earbuds, but I want the option of the radio too!

http://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Streambot-Bluetooth-Streaming-Smartphones/dp/B00MJMV0GU]
[url]http://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Streambot-Bluetooth-Streaming-Smartphones/dp/B00MJMV0GU
[/url]

Offline brbo

  • Trophy Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 178
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Kingston
  • Country: Canada
Re: Can't figure out Bluetooth issue
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 05:07:42 am »
Dongle works with at least one device - try something else, you should be able to stream another phone to dongle to test...

Do you have a BT speaker - send the TTSE to it - just to see what the results are....
'19 Tiger 1200 xcA - matte marine

Offline Coconut

  • Trophy God
  • *****
  • Posts: 9389
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
  • Country: UK
Re: Can't figure out Bluetooth issue
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 07:05:08 am »
This seems to be the same issue that another Member is having with an Interphone BT motorcycle headset .

I wonder if it is the same issue ?

See here : Interphone F5MC



Offline AZBob

  • Trophy Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 921
  • Wubalubadubdub!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Chandler, AZ
  • Country: USA
Re: Can't figure out Bluetooth issue
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 05:37:36 pm »
*Originally Posted by Xsv [+]
I can pair it to the zumo 660 and play music through it.

I paired it to the trophy on headset.  As soon as pairing is successful and I am on the setup screen it will play from the triumph Bluetooth signal for about 2 seconds and then stops.

You don't have it paired with both the Zumo AND the bike at the same time, do you? It can only be paired with one, or the other, and the one it's not paired with, the pairing has to be deleted from both the phone and the device. There's really no reason to pair your headset directly to the Zumo, anyway, assuming your cradle is hardwired to the bike and have a smartphone with Bluetooth media capability.

That being said, noise canceling headphones don't do nearly the job a good set of ear plugs do. With ear plugs and speakers in your helmet, you really have the best possible set up for both noise suppression and music fidelity, if that's something you might be interested in checking out.
2014 Triumph Trophy 1200 SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Offline Xsv

  • Trophy Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 474
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE, 2017 BMW
  • City / Town: Washington State
  • Country: USA
Re: Can't figure out Bluetooth issue
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 06:32:06 pm »
*Originally Posted by brbo [+]
Dongle works with at least one device - try something else, you should be able to stream another phone to dongle to test...

Do you have a BT speaker - send the TTSE to it - just to see what the results are....
Thanks for the ideas.
Dongle will pair up and work with my iphone 6.

Triumph will stream to a bluetooth speaker.

It appears that the dongle works and it appears that the Triumph bluetooth works.....they just don't work together! :002:  Time for another dongle.

Offline Xsv

  • Trophy Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 474
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE, 2017 BMW
  • City / Town: Washington State
  • Country: USA
Re: Can't figure out Bluetooth issue
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 06:34:07 pm »
*Originally Posted by AZBob [+]
You don't have it paired with both the Zumo AND the bike at the same time, do you? It can only be paired with one, or the other, and the one it's not paired with, the pairing has to be deleted from both the phone and the device. There's really no reason to pair your headset directly to the Zumo, anyway, assuming your cradle is hardwired to the bike and have a smartphone with Bluetooth media capability.

That being said, noise canceling headphones don't do nearly the job a good set of ear plugs do. With ear plugs and speakers in your helmet, you really have the best possible set up for both noise suppression and music fidelity, if that's something you might be interested in checking out.

No, I only had it paired up to the Zumo because it would not pair to bike.  Unpaired everything and started over.  I got the same result.

I have ridden with earplugs and bluetooth speakers.  I prefer the noise cancelling earbuds.  For ME that is the best setup.

Offline brbo

  • Trophy Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 178
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Kingston
  • Country: Canada
Re: Can't figure out Bluetooth issue
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 07:34:47 pm »
*Originally Posted by Xsv [+]
Thanks for the ideas.
Dongle will pair up and work with my iphone 6.

Triumph will stream to a bluetooth speaker.

It appears that the dongle works and it appears that the Triumph bluetooth works.....they just don't work together! :002:  Time for another dongle.

Hhmm weird - seems odd the bike is the only thing not working - only other thought from dongle is not backwards compatible and perhaps 4.0 BT and bike is the issue ?? grasping.... at least the cheapest component can be replaced - consider a different model ?

Good Luck - post up the conclusion
'19 Tiger 1200 xcA - matte marine

Offline Xsv

  • Trophy Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 474
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE, 2017 BMW
  • City / Town: Washington State
  • Country: USA
Re: Can't figure out Bluetooth issue
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 12:18:18 am »
*Originally Posted by brbo [+]
Hhmm weird - seems odd the bike is the only thing not working - only other thought from dongle is not backwards compatible and perhaps 4.0 BT and bike is the issue ?? grasping.... at least the cheapest component can be replaced - consider a different model ?

Good Luck - post up the conclusion

Dongle is 4.0.  I might do the Scala cardo qz.  Will update when I make a decision.