Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Done to death on the internet but.....  (Read 1527 times)

Offline BandiCoote

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Sprint GT
  • City / Town: Ellenbrook, WA
Done to death on the internet but.....
« on: February 28, 2016, 11:47:04 pm »
There's a lot of discussion about bluetooth and stereo issues (software) on the SE but I can't seem to find any recent discussion anywhere.

In a nutshell, could I ask if there has been a software update or recall of some sort that fixed any dramas?

Sorry to ask the question in one place. I am a very experienced mechanical engineer (and also multiple tradesman) so nothing is too technical for me to understand, so don't be too scared to get technical. I guess it would also be a good place to record for prosperity for future site visitors.

If it has been discussed before, please, tell me to bugger off and search harder  :008:

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Done to death on the internet but.....
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 06:28:49 am »
Searching for "Audio Update" will find most of the posts on this subject.

The latest Software update for the Trophy Audio system is 1.04E.

This topic : Audio Ver 1.04E Update Self Instal discusses how to check which version you have.

Version 1.04E was released primarily to address an issue for the US and Canadiam market which have the XM Satellite Radio, where power continued to be drawn after the ignition was switched off draining the motorcycle battery. 

I do not know if that Update included any updating of the Bluetooth module, and you would probably
be best to send an email enquiry to Triumph customer services, asking about this.

Cheers  :821:

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 08:14:59 am »
Coconut- is the Audio 1.04E update,  also applicable to the UK, as I thought it only applied to the export (US ) models ?....... :187:
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:16:42 am by Stelyn »
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 09:48:10 am »
As mentioned in another post within the other Linked article :

It is not particularly clear from the Software Update instructions
as to whether the Update can also be applied to non XM radio type radios.

Note:
  • Although there is different hardware for the radios fittted to USA/Canada bikes ( those with XM Satellite radio )
    and other bikes, the software file used to update the audio system is the same.

Best to ask a Triumph Dealer !