Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: dealer rant  (Read 3579 times)

Offline greenduck1966

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: hornchurch
dealer rant
« on: March 05, 2016, 08:37:57 am »
well went to to the local dealer today as i have a problem with the right mirror. only had the bike a month and got it second hand and did not buy it from them the service assistant admited that it was a warranty issue it also has a bad idel prob that is not a warranty prob poss throttle body ballance, i will go with that, but he was tying to palm me off and get me to go back to the dealer that i got the bike from as his words not mine the amount of time he gets from triumph is not enough to change the mirror now i have been in the motor trade 45 years and i now this is so but thats not my prob. first you get a good rapport with your coustomers and then they will come back for all the work i did not feel that i got from this person one bad person can upset a hole place what a shame.
assumption  is the mother of all f~~~ups

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
Re: dealer rant
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 09:03:53 am »
That's a bad reflection on a `Triumph Dealership'    :233:  - I'd drop Customer Services at Hinkley an Email or ring them , and mention your posting their Dealers attitude on the Web,  that should shake things up, they will not want this sort of bad publicity..... :151:
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 09:18:38 am »
That is an unacceptable attitude. Whether they supplied it or not, as a Triumph dealership they have a responsibility to accept warranty claims and do the work for a Triumph owner who reports a problem to them.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 09:53:37 am »
I would speak to the Dealer Service Manager first, tell them exactly what you think,
and ask them what, if anything, they intend to do about it.

If you're still not happy you can then still contact Triumph.
It won't matter bythen if doing so ruins any Dealer Customer relationship
as I doubt you would want to continue using them anyway.

At least here in the UK we usually have the relative luxury
of not having to travel Hundreds of miles to find another Dealer.

Offline greenduck1966

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 11:58:30 am »
at this point off time i do not want to stur it up as dealership is less than 5miles from me, i have spoken to lings in ipswich the dealer that i got the bike from and there attitude was very helpfull and i think i will let them sort it out this time.it is a 100mile round trip its just a shame that one persons attitude can spoil it as i have spoken to the sales staff there and always seem very helpful.     

Offline Diver

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 06:10:35 pm »
I know the dealer you are talking about (JL). I won't let them near my bikes, so many problems and their knowledge is very basic.
When my Explorer was sounding like a diesel, they continued to tell me it was fine, the noise was dreadful and the mech was still insisting it was normal for a triple, even the sales rep was pulling faces as it rattled and banged....eventually it was one of the first to be recalled for the head replacement.
Good mechs at Ongar Motorcycles, who really know the bikes.

Offline greenduck1966

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 07:09:06 am »
dont want to name and shame at this point,bike is booked in at lings on thursday to have the work done so hopefully it will be all sorted but this dealer is 100 mile round trip and i will have to have a lender bike to come home on with a 10 pound cost plus fuel, warranty work should be free but its costing me money and time now. :233: 

Offline greenduck1966

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 02:10:41 pm »
got bike back yesterday all fixed buy the top team at lings ipswich just a shame that all dealers cant be so helpfull :233:

tweedy-bunch