Dead Battery - again! by STJIM
[Today at 10:49:58 pm]

Motorcycle trip to Istanbul by 1675
[Today at 04:20:34 pm]

Hi from UK by 1675
[Today at 03:58:23 pm]

The greatest accessory... EVER! by OK_Trophy
[Today at 02:12:45 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Had to run a Triumph Scrambler and Norton Commando to ground  (Read 1214 times)

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Had to run a Triumph Scrambler and Norton Commando to ground
« on: March 07, 2016, 10:22:42 pm »
I left home to go to the grocery and what should pass by as I waited for traffic on the highway to clear but a Ford F150 with a U-haul trailer and, a Scrambler and a Norton.  I got on and followed and they stopped at a Chevron so I pulled in to have a look and there was an original red '73 Commando in the bed of the truck and an original '69 Triumph Scrambler on the trailer.  I walked over to chat and they were from Houston and had just bought both bikes and were headed home.  One of the guys used to work at a Triumph dealer in Houston assembling new Triumphs, and we knew some of the same people at the old Motorcycle Sales and Service shop on Franklin Avenue.  Anyone on here that is old enough to remember that place is probably retired or could be by now if they wished.  I bought a 250 Ducati, and a Norton P11, and a Norton Commando there.  Interesting trip down memory lane.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies