Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Installing GPS bracket  (Read 1855 times)

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
Installing GPS bracket
« on: March 10, 2016, 08:14:20 pm »
I am installing the Triumph GPS bracket/ holder.  I am having a little difficulty putting it back together and I think my issue is the "Finisher",  the rectangle that fits under the mount. Can somebody that has this installed in the USA or Canada with the XM antenna take a picture of the bracket when it is installed with a clear view of the finisher?

I would appreciate it.

The drawings furnished with the GPS bracket do not make a clear picture of the finished installation.

Also for those that have done this... The XM plate that holds the antenna on the GPS bracket  does not fit tightly and the instruction say tighten to 4nm.  They are small bolts and have locktite on them.  I hate to force anything.  Anyone else have that problem when installing?

Thanks!
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

Offline AZBob

• Trophy Master
  • Wubalubadubdub!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Chandler, AZ
Re: Installing GPS bracket
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 10:34:30 pm »
*Originally Posted by atrophy [+]
I am installing the Triumph GPS bracket/ holder.  I am having a little difficulty putting it back together and I think my issue is the "Finisher",  the rectangle that fits under the mount. Can somebody that has this installed in the USA or Canada with the XM antenna take a picture of the bracket when it is installed with a clear view of the finisher?

I would appreciate it.

The drawings furnished with the GPS bracket do not make a clear picture of the finished installation.

Also for those that have done this... The XM plate that holds the antenna on the GPS bracket  does not fit tightly and the instruction say tighten to 4nm.  They are small bolts and have locktite on them.  I hate to force anything.  Anyone else have that problem when installing?

Thanks!

The finisher doesn't fit under it so much as behind it, to fill in the hole left by now moved XM antenna.

The screws fit tightly for me for the antenna; make sure you have it right-side up. If someone else doesn't, I'll post a picture or two later when I get home.
2014 Triumph Trophy 1200 SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Offline nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 11:14:16 pm »
Not sure what your problem description is saying. I am sending photos. If that doesn't help, maybe you can send photos.

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 02:15:13 am »
Got it installed, thanks for everyone's help.
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

tweedy-bunch