Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Standard Trophy Seat  (Read 1492 times)

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Arizona
Standard Trophy Seat
« on: March 15, 2016, 03:04:13 am »
I gambled and I won...for once

I found a standard seat for sale for in the UK for about $50USD (new zero mile bike takeoff), ordered it and paid about $45USD to ship it here.  What a difference it made for me.  I can actually reach the ground better :152:, and it is way more comfortable.  I have a 32 inch inseam so I could ride the bike with the low seat in the high position, but the standard seat in the low position gives me a better riding position (read flatter) and I think I can reach the ground easier because of the seat shape.  I have seen several pics of these two seat types and the measurements from ground to seat, but I believe it is the shape of the seat that makes the difference.   So for the $95 I spent I got a better seat than I thought I would.   :047:  Much more comfortable and no being pushed into the center of the valley.
"That's bold talk from a one eyed fat man"

Offline Gordon3xBBB

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stroud
Re: Standard Trophy Seat
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 06:12:34 am »
 :046: Congratulations "sungunr"  :046:

Glad to hear you're now "sitting comfortably".
Seats are different for the U.S. Market - how else do they achieve a lower seat height than we get in the U.K.

You didn't mention how long the whole Shipping process took - I think that is also a factor in preventing other U.S. Owners from taking the plunge and trying something similar
1992 Trophy 900 MkI (aka My Lady Tracey)
1997 Trophy 900 MkII (aka My Lady Sharon)
2012 Trophy SE MkIII (aka Sophie)

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Arizona
Re: Standard Trophy Seat
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 02:30:56 am »
Gordon3xBBB,

It was actually quite easy.  From the time the seat shipped (1-2) days until I had it was 6 days.  No real problems.   There were other seats for nearly the same price on EBay where I found this one. 
"That's bold talk from a one eyed fat man"