Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 1000 miles of fun  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Trophy Bike

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: New York
1000 miles of fun
« on: May 20, 2013, 09:10:04 PM »
I took the bike to upstate NY for the past four days and about 1000 miles of riding.  I came away even more pleased with this motorcyle then I already was during the break in period.  I did get some grief from friends who are moving to lighter bikes but for me, the Triumph delivers exactly what I want.
Couple of things -
1.  if you are having issues with your Sena and the Bluetooth to the bike try a complete factory reset on the Sena and then pair again.  I did this and listened to music with no issues for the duration of the trip.  The Nav also cut in when appropriate.
2.  If you havent already done this - try taking off the rear panniers, set the suspension to sport mode and go for a ride in the twisties.  I really liked the stiffer suspension in that mode and left it there for the rest of the trip.
3.  The bike performs admirably in a downpour while riding at 80 mph!  Bags remained dry inside.

Although some of the reviewers complained of a so called lack of power I found the Trophy more than enough for me.  They may be correct that you dont get a rush in 6th gear when you twist the throttle but I say that rush is only a downshift away.
The only other thing I might need is a different seat.  I'm getting a fair amount of pain back there on a long ride but I'll bear with it for a while to see if either me or the seat breaks in!  This truly is a great machine. 

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: 1000 miles of fun
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 04:10:12 AM »
Are you from the city?  What route(s) did you take in Upstate.  Did you happen to get to the Finger Lakes Region?  The Adirondacks? Lake Ontario coastal area?  I lived in Upstate  for nearly 29 years.  I think I've been on most every scenic and twisty road in Upstate.  Of course some are scenic without being twisty and some are twisty without being scenic. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Trophy Bike

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: New York
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 01:59:06 PM »
I've been to the Finger Lakes.  This time, we came from Long Island to Roscoe and then backraods to Cooperstown.  The next day was a ride (I could get you the route) from Cooperstown to Syracuse for BBQ at Dinasour (?).  200 mile loop back.  More riding in that region the next day.  Coming home I remember being on RT20 and RT145 at about 5:00 a.m. and heading into the Catskill region before linking up wiht I87 to get home (it was raining hard by that time) by 9:30 as the kids were in a ballet recital!  I was certainly the only motorcyle in the parking lot and the pouring rain.  I had to change in our car but I made the show which was all I cared about at that time. 

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 04:22:03 PM »
Sounds like a nice ride.  I like the Catskills but a bit too crowded.  Of course not by Long Island standards.  If you do get the chance you should take a tour of the Adirondacks,  after that head over to Lake Champlain then up to Montreal.  After Montreal come back down through Vermont, MA, CT and over to LI.  You won't regret it if you have time.  Of course if you really have time, after Montreal swing east while staying in Canada, go over to and around the Gaspe pennisula, Nova Scotia and then Prince Edward Island.  Then back through Maine, down etc. I've been lucky enough to make that trip twice.  Memory of a life time. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

tweedy-bunch