Front Brakes Pulsing by t552
[Today at 09:22:36 PM]

Engine management fuse blowing by earthman
[Today at 08:19:05 PM]

Spot the word 'Triumph' competition by earthman
[Today at 08:17:22 PM]

First 'real' bike by silverstripes
[Today at 07:04:45 PM]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Mirrors  (Read 17340 times)

Offline waspanman

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Isle of Wight
Mirrors
« on: May 20, 2013, 10:05:43 PM »
One of the very few gripes I have about the TT is the mirrors, which I think, are kak.
My reasoning is, you can't see immediately behind you without leaning your head over or in my case, (I'm 6ft 4ins), lifting my elbows.
I have noticed that the master cylinder castings  both carry mirror mounts, has anyone had the same problems and considered adding an additional pair of mirrors, I know they could clash with the screen which is why I am posing the question.

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
Re: Mirrors
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 10:22:33 PM »
Strange.  :084:

I am 6'4" too and find the mirrors pretty good. Not as good as those on my ST1300 (or indeed the old ST1100's) I will admit, but certainly better than any bar-mounted oned I have used.

I still see the grips and my knuckles in the top of the mirrors and am waiting for somebody to make bar risers like I fitted to my ST1300.

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline waspanman

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Isle of Wight
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 10:29:22 PM »
The ST1100 was my previous bike and took a lot of soulsearching to make the change, so far I'm glad I did

Offline saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 12:35:21 AM »
I am still searching my soul, but I will keep the ST11 for the immediate future so may make the decision easier. The trophy mirrors seemed to me on demo rides to be a little bit smaller than the ST11 ones.

*Originally Posted by waspanman [+]
The ST1100 was my previous bike and took a lot of soulsearching to make the change, so far I'm glad I did

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 02:48:30 AM »
I just added some mirrors off a tiger 800 I think. I just went to the dealer and picked a set off another bike I liked and had them ordered. Week later they showed up. Put them 2 days ago and went for a ride yesterday. They give better coverage as that is where I'm use to looking. The arms due block your view of using the old mirrors. At full lock I still have about 1 1/2" clearance from the touring screen.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 06:58:33 AM »
I'm not convinced it has anything to do with height. I'm only 5'9" and I find it hard to see out of the mirrors.  It is one of the few, if not the only thing I don't like about the Trophy.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 08:29:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
I'm not convinced it has anything to do with height. I'm only 5'9" and I find it hard to see out of the mirrors.  It is one of the few, if not the only thing I don't like about the Trophy.

It might not be overall height but a combination of legs vs body length, I am also 5' 9" and find the mirrors perfect, so okay if you consciously look you can see bits of fingers but the picture I get is everything I want to see behind in a panoramic view.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 04:24:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Triplemania [+]
It might not be overall height but a combination of legs vs body length, I am also 5' 9" and find the mirrors perfect, so okay if you consciously look you can see bits of fingers but the picture I get is everything I want to see behind in a panoramic view.
Could be right.  I have a long torso and short legs.  Noticeably so.  Maybe that makes me view it as if I was a taller person.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

tweedy-bunch