Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Top box support straps  (Read 2101 times)

Offline TrophyMan2

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Top box support straps
« on: March 24, 2016, 09:24:26 am »
New to Trophy this March 16, went out with wife on back and stopped for a drink and walk. Found could just about get our Schuberts in but the molded bracket whic protrudes into box for these straps scratches the helmet. Not very impressed as they are new as well, why couldn't they locate them flat, will be looking to modify this has anyone done the same?

Online 1675

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Spennymoor
Re: Top box support straps
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 04:21:00 pm »
This is nothing to worry about as the straps will break off themselves under normal usage within a few months. Just another excellent design feature kindly incorporated into a flagship £15k motorcycle by those clever people at the factory

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 08:59:01 pm »
I generally misuse my top box even putting stuff in the open lid and i have had  no problem.  Even let the lids of the panniers often drop.  Some people found the rivets pulled through in some straps but mine have been fine.  People have then replaced the rivets and used extra washers to make them more secure.  This does not solve your problem though as i think they just use the same fittings just an extra washer.

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 09:15:11 pm »
For what looks like such a large box on the outside, I am a bit disappointed about the amount of space inside.
The only thing that I've noticed about the straps is that it's easy for them to get trapped between the lid when you shut it. Lol

Offline Ebenezer

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 TT Lunar Silver
  • City / Town: Apeldoorn
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 01:45:23 pm »
*Originally Posted by earthman [+]
For what looks like such a large box on the outside, I am a bit disappointed about the amount of space inside.
The only thing that I've noticed about the straps is that it's easy for them to get trapped between the lid when you shut it. Lol

If so, have a look at this message: http://tinyurl.com/jklv657

Henk

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 09:13:38 pm »
*Originally Posted by Ebenezer [+]
If so, have a look at this message: http://tinyurl.com/jklv657

Henk

Very good, the thought of using some elastic had crossed my mind.

tweedy-bunch