6 (14%)
Don't need it.
14 (32.6%)
Can't have one due to Laws
7 (16.3%)
Thinking about getting one.
6 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: To Buy a Radar / Laser Detector or Not?  (Read 7339 times)

Offline AZBob

• Trophy Master
  • Wubalubadubdub!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Chandler, AZ
Re: To Buy a Radar / Laser Detector or Not?
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2016, 04:56:07 am »
*Originally Posted by twowheeladdict [+]
The bad part is in almost every other town, I would chop the throttle to come out of cruise and the cagers would buzz past me.  Pissed me off, but I was sure wishing a cager had been there to do that when I entered that small town.

People buzzing by me never piss me off... they just remind me of how many people are so horribly bad at math (e.g. 10mph over the limit on your daily commute, if you could even sustain that [and with red lights and stop signs, that's nearly impossible], would only save you about 5 minutes, on average, per DAY). Obviously, if you're doing a much longer trip, the time savings could be significant.
2014 Triumph Trophy 1200 SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Offline twowheeladdict

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy se
  • City / Town: Tennessee
Re: To Buy a Radar / Laser Detector or Not?
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2016, 03:18:33 am »
*Originally Posted by AZBob [+]
People buzzing by me never piss me off... they just remind me of how many people are so horribly bad at math (e.g. 10mph over the limit on your daily commute, if you could even sustain that [and with red lights and stop signs, that's nearly impossible], would only save you about 5 minutes, on average, per DAY). Obviously, if you're doing a much longer trip, the time savings could be significant.

What pissed me off is that they probably freaked out that I was slowing down which makes for a dangerous situation.  Then, on the other side of the town, they didn't feel like driving the 75 mph speed limit and I would have to pass them.