Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New Trophy Member  (Read 2592 times)

Offline LongShot78

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Suzuki Cavalcade LXE
  • City / Town: South Lake Tahoe
New Trophy Member
« on: March 29, 2016, 10:56:56 pm »
I'm originally from South Lake Tahoe California but live in Nebraska and I own a 1987 Suzuki Cavalcade LXE.  I just changed the OEM fuel pump (good for 29 years I guess) and replaced the rear tire for the new riding season. I tried to take a "Demo Ride" of the Triumph Trophy last year, but the ride list was already full for the entire day (go figure). I nearly fell off my bike when I saw the Trophy.  I asked two groups of Demo Riders what they thought about the Triumph Trophy SE after they returned from the Demo Ride and one guy said he was going to buy one that week. Not too bad I figured after just one ride. I need to learn as much as I can about Triumph Motorcycles and this is the bike I would probably buy for the long haul. I can't afford a new one, so I'd be looking for a used one.  :062:

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
Re: New Trophy Member
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 11:43:01 pm »
Welcome to the forum. You'll find that many here, including myself, took a test ride and were then compelled to purchase the Trophy. As they say, don't take a test ride unless you have your wallet and are prepared to use is.

Though I'm happy with my bikes I still peruse Craigslist looking at bikes. There are some great used Trophy deals in Ohio and in Ann Arbor Michigan, home of the overgrown rodents or as they say wolverines.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 12:14:28 am »
 :400: to the forum.  I think you will be fairly safe with a pre owned if you check on the maintenance records.  Best of luck with your search.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 12:33:10 am »
Welcome to the Forum :400:  If you check maintenance records and ensure that all recall and technical bulletin work has been performed you should be just fine.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 01:37:54 am »
*Originally Posted by LongShot78 [+]
I'm originally from South Lake Tahoe California but live in Nebraska and I own a 1987 Suzuki Cavalcade LXE.  I just changed the OEM fuel pump (good for 29 years I guess) and replaced the rear tire for the new riding season. I tried to take a "Demo Ride" of the Triumph Trophy last year, but the ride list was already full for the entire day (go figure). I nearly fell off my bike when I saw the Trophy.  I asked two groups of Demo Riders what they thought about the Triumph Trophy SE after they returned from the Demo Ride and one guy said he was going to buy one that week. Not too bad I figured after just one ride. I need to learn as much as I can about Triumph Motorcycles and this is the bike I would probably buy for the long haul. I can't afford a new one, so I'd be looking for a used one.  :062:
:401:

See here for how others like their TTSE.

But I wonder how this compares with other brands.

-Don-  Reno, NV

1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 01:57:51 am »
Here you go for what appears to be a great deal.

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/mcd/5488455015.html

Travel to the land of the UM varmints and ride home.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline SofaKing

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Spokane Valley
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 02:15:31 am »
Hi Longshot 78. Welcome to the forum.  I just purchased my 2015 TTSE about a month ago and am extremely happy with it.  I feel the Trophy has the most bang for the buck in the Sport Touring segment.  If you ride one, you will be sold. :169: :169:

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 06:02:40 am »
Hi Longshot78 and :400: to the Forum !

You'll be able to find just about everything you need to know within this Forum,
especially if you use the "SEARCH" button above, but if you can't find the information
that you need, just post a question in one of the relevant Sections
and you'll soon have the answer  :169:

Cheers  :821: