Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Audio off/ low voltage message  (Read 4076 times)

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
  • Enjoy life but don't take dangerous risks.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: West Wickham
Audio off/ low voltage message
« on: March 31, 2016, 03:56:40 pm »
Okay so I posted something nearly two years ago & have updated the post overtime. But can I find it .... No. So apologies for the new post.

I just like to say that triumph uk head of the warranty department will be receiving an email from me. Nearly two years on and a number of trips to my local dealer in south East London who I may say have been great. Asked if I could take the bike in again after the Easter period and leave it with them. So Tuesday bike drop off, as Triumph Head of warranty wanted there technician to fully check the bike out. So after only one day at the shop I had the call to say the bike can be collected and they have been informed by Triumph that message displayed is normal?

So why after nearly two year with two new batteries, three software re-loads and a new natural lead installed does the message still appear. Surely something is draining the battery to switch off the audio unit and display the low voltage message.

The fun part is two weeks perviously I had a second new battery installed waited for the bike. Went to start the bike and guess what with the new battery fitted the message appears. So can the head of warranty uk please explain why this message is normal or are you just fobbing me off.

Does anyone else get this message when they switch on there bike and start it?

Not a happy customer considering I own two triumph bikes, a trophy SE & tiger 800 i may now consider not purchasing a new triumph bike. It's a shame considering I do like both bikes.

GJ-Trophy  :110:
1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion ....... :-)

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
Re: Audio off/ low voltage message
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 04:07:58 pm »
Yep, it's annoying, but the bike still starts and runs.  So, it's an annoyance not a problem.
I think it's a software issue and not a high priority for Triumph to resolve.

I'd like to see it fixed too but it's a minor issue after my BMW ownership issues.

Good luck!
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

Offline tdragger

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 04:09:20 pm »
Have you checked the software version on the radio?
-------------------------------------
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #609 (formerly 42146)

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 05:00:53 pm »
I thought nearly everyone got this message at some times.  I get it but as soon as it starts all comes back.  As said I am sure the cut off voltage is 'just' set high and cuts off everything it can to give maximum current to starting.  Lots of vehicles will cut off the radio when cranking (the trophy also does not light the lights until started and some of the power outlets do not power until started).  Obviously they do not show the low voltage message.  what we have never heard is what that voltage is set to.  I did think about fitting a buck boost to keep the voltage stable to the accessories but then thought why bother.  I think the issue is one of explanation rather than a problem.  Or just stop showing the 'low voltage' message to stop us worrying.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 05:11:37 pm »
Hi GJ-Trophy,

I've found some of your previous posts for you,
in case you need them as "evidence" of how long you've had this "issue"  :028:

Dead Battery - Page 9, Post Reply #47 on 27th August 2014

... and,

LOW VOLTAGE - Page 3, Post Reply #2 on October 3rd 2014

Offline towersk

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy Launch
  • City / Town: Granger IN
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 08:26:55 pm »
Don't worry about it, if it only happens on starting.  The bike is smart enough to disable unnecessary electrical loads if the battery is not being charged, just not smart enough to disable the warning during cranking.  But, the warning also lets you know why the audio system is not functional during that condition.  Some would also complain that the radio is not functional for a minute or so after starting without a message.

One of the manufacturer's headaches about displaying too much information vs. not enough.  Cranking the engine, large current drain on the battery, lower than normal operating battery voltage, the message is valid.  And it is just a message, note that the battery warning lamp does not come on.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:54:32 pm by towersk »
Cheers,
Ken

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 09:14:47 pm »
I've seen that message a few times too, what annoys me the most is that once it goes/the alternator kicks in, why doesn't the volume automatically go back to the level you had it on! Having to keep manually prod at the vol+ button to get to a level that you can just about hear something coming out of the speakers is a pain.

Offline towersk

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy Launch
  • City / Town: Granger IN
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 09:43:16 pm »
I'll have to check that, I have not noticed the volume level changing.  If the volume is really loud, does it reset to a lower default volume level, my car does.
Cheers,
Ken

tweedy-bunch