* Recent New Topics

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Ignition cylinder  (Read 1794 times)

Offline dalknob

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Warren
Ignition cylinder
« on: April 03, 2016, 12:14:39 pm »
Hey Last summer I brought my 2013  TTSE to the dealership for some maintenance and they noticed that my  ignition cylinder had migrated downwards. They promptly ordered a new one and fixed it but the key didn't fit the rest of my bike and I was told that the only way to make them all match was to replace all the luggage as well. As the bike was still under warranty, I didn't care for this answer. I called Triumph direct and they told me it was possible to change all the cylinders without having to replace everything and contacted the dealer and eventually they got the job done properly and one key fit all. I didn't have any more problems the rest of summer and fall. I put the bike in the garage and took it out on one of our unusually warm late winter days and the ignition cylinder was recessed again.
I was wondering if anyone else was having similar problems with theirs, or if this was a weird fluke with mine.
Dalknob

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
Re: Ignition cylinder
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 12:23:05 pm »
Sounds weird.  Obviously you can push it in to get to park. Is that about the distance it has sunk???

Mine is a 2013 and the ignition barrel is fine.  If it is sinking I would think there is a problem with the 'holder' rather than the switch.  There must be some sort of registration to hold the switch AND make it difficult to get out.

Offline dalknob

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 01:28:18 am »
It is about 3 mm recessed. Initially I thought it a fluke, but the replacement failed as well, don't know f it is the part or the technition....
Dalknob

Offline dalknob

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 10:14:51 pm »
 :451:So I took it to my dealer today. Ignition cylinder was fine, the plastic bezel was loose. Pushed it down with his finger and hit it with a dab of silicone to keep it in place.
Dalknob

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 06:25:27 am »
Thanks for the Update - Good to hear it wasn't anything more serious !  :028: