Who has over 50,000 miles? by william
[Today at 03:05:55 AM]

Corbin seat with backrest, trailer hitch, windshield for sale by KGB
[Today at 12:56:43 AM]

Amber LED Front Position Light by brenchley
[Yesterday at 09:23:55 PM]

nice paint scheme by Rick505
[Yesterday at 07:06:58 PM]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Wish list  (Read 4358 times)

Offline Quinn

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Durham, NC
Wish list
« on: May 23, 2013, 09:56:05 AM »
Things I'd like to get for the bike:

Smaller tank bag.  Hopefully one that would fit in my side case when I am off the bike.

Shorter windshield.  Don't see much sense in having it go above my line of sight and could use the air on my chest in the Summer.

Better center stand.   Easier to get up; more stable when it goes.

A realistically priced top case.

-----
------------
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline Jccjr50

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Dripping springs
Re: Wish list
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 01:42:05 PM »
Take a look at Calsci windshields. There might be something for you. I have large and I am very happy with it. I am 6ft 2inch tall and 32 inch inseam.

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 11:14:02 AM »
I think Calsci only do BIGGER screens.

Quinn, are you saying that the screen is too high even in the fully down position? I agree about the stand- even at 17st I need to stand on the lever and pull quite hard on the grap rails to get the bike up.

I know Honda did a vented shield for the ST1100 may years ago. I had one fitted to my bike by the mechanic at the bike school where I was working while I was out instructing. It lasted approximately two miles before a drunk driver hit me and trashed the bike while I was riding home! Luckily I got away with minor injuries but I never got to verify the effectiveness of the vent.

Later ST11 screens had small holes in them which I understand was to reduce the air loads on them which were threatening to strip the front attachment screw and detach the screen at speed! :005:

BP
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:16:45 AM by BluePilot »
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 12:01:58 PM »
The ST11 has a vent up the front of the screen, plus some cats eyes cutouts.  Even though mine has a laminar lip on, the standard Trophy screen is way way better at every setting.  Down low you get that sport bike feeling, and after that is a matter of how high to hit the sweet spot of no turbulance or so high that nothing will hit you.

Offline crazyman

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Crystal Beach, FL
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 01:04:35 PM »
Wish list ?  This bike (SE) is loaded as far as anything I've had.  The screen is fine for me.  The center stand is easy for me at 190 pounds.  Hold the bike at the bar and the pillion handle.  Stand on the foot, up she goes.  I had more problems getting my old Tiger 800XC up on the center stand. 

As for wishes: 

More cushion on the seat.  It's supportive, but a bit too firm.
Better stereo sound.  I hear other touring bikes with their stereos blasting away.  I'm not too impressed with the sound quality at speeds over 35mph.  Not a big issue.
Lower cost of purchase would have been nice.  But so far mine seems a great value.

Offline Quinn

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Durham, NC
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 02:49:38 PM »
About the windshield.  In the full up position, I could get rid of about the top two inches and still have full coverage.  And it would be nice to have a lower low in the Summer for additional air flow.  I'm 5'11" and slouch.

------

------------
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 04:00:17 PM »
The Trophy has more doodads than any bike I've ever owned.  It is hard to think of a wish list.  My other bike is a 955ST and the windshield on that minimal at best.  I've taken that bike to the Arctic and back and would have killed for the windshield on the Trophy.  Hard to imagine that at its lowest point it isn't low enough but to each his own.  I do think that center stand could use a bit of improving.  The bike is heavy enough to where I'm afraid that I might lose it when trying to get it on the center stand.  Still this bike is a work of art.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 06:02:26 PM »
I wonder if you set the TES Loading to 2 up with luggage if it might not be easier to get on the center stand. Or TES Mode, may change the initial sprung height making it easier to get on the center stand.

tweedy-bunch