Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Anyone want a teenager? Help repairing bike  (Read 3072 times)

Offline jordbarnet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Marlton
Anyone want a teenager? Help repairing bike
« on: April 04, 2016, 02:05:17 pm »

Are there any instructions (or can someone instruct me) on how to remove the plastic covering the right front turn signal lens?

As luck would have it, my wife, recovering from surgery, told me "I'm not taking my car out any time soon....why don't you park your car behind mine?"    I, therefore,  parked my car behind hers.  Subsequently,  not remembering, I backed my Trophy backwards, swinging it to the left (as I always do), and hit my car with the back of the motorcycle, denting the car, and loosing balance of the bike.   

The bike came down slowly such that the damage is minimal and entirely cosmetic.   While my leg is really sore, I managed to have cracked the turn signal lens on the right, scratching and gouging  the plastic surrounding the lens, in addition to a scratched the pannier cover, and damaged /scratched the side panel with the associated cooling duct finisher.

I see Coconut posted elsewhere on how to remove the side panel, but can't find anywhere regarding the plastic surrounding the turn signals.

For the record - the driveway is down sloping.    Despite the videos on how to pick up a dropped bike, they are useless on a down slope!   Moreover, I also learned how useless an 18 year old daughter is in regards to offering a father a hand of manual help in lifting the bike.

My solution (which worked fairly well for anyone else who ever ends up in this position):   We have a riding lawn mower.    I attached a cargo strap to the back of the riding mower.    I swung the strap over the seat of the bike and attached the strap way down low.     I slowly inched the mower forward, locking it in place to get the bike partially pivoted off the ground.     I then was able to use my hip and body to pull the bike up the rest of the way.

For the record - My daughter's nails and hair still look perfect.   No grease and no dirt on them at all...... :157: :157: :157:

Thank you in advance!
Jordan
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 02:20:25 pm by jordbarnet »

Offline jordbarnet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone want a teenager? Help repairing bike
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 02:25:38 pm »
Some pictures

Offline jordbarnet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 02:26:43 pm »
And if anyone is interested in pictures of the fight between a 2006 Mercury Mariner and the rear end of a Trophy.......Will have those shortly!

Offline jordbarnet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 02:39:14 pm »
Ehh....can't get the file small enough.

For the record....Trophy Versus Mercury Mariner.    Trophy wins!

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 03:15:18 pm »
OK, POP THE MIRROR OUT, YOU WILL FIND A SCREW HOLDING THE INDICATOR IN PLACE, REMOVE THIS AND THE ELECTRICAL PLUG. THEN FROM THE FRONT AFTER YOU HAVE REMOVED THE INDICATOR, YOU WILL FIND ANOTHER BEHIND THE INDICATOR UNIT. REMOVE THIS ONE. THEN SLOWLY AND I MEAN SLOWLY PULL THE PANEL FORWARD.IT SHOULD COME OUT QUITE EASILY. NOTE THERE IS A TINY LUG AND THE BOTTOM OF IT WHICH MUST FIT BACK INTO THE HEADLIGHT HOUSING WHEN YOU PUT IT BACK IN! HOPE THAT HELPS?

GLEN

Offline jordbarnet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 03:26:57 pm »
Thank you!

Now any takers on the non motivated, slob of a teenager?

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 03:30:02 pm »
When you find out, let me know as have 2 of my own!!!!!!!   :157: :157: :157:

Offline DaMonk45

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Houston
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 03:30:36 pm »
*Originally Posted by jordbarnet [+]
Thank you!

Now any takers on the non motivated, slob of a teenager?

I hear the Army is looking.

tweedy-bunch