Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hello out there!  (Read 6351 times)

Offline 6triumph bob

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14trophy 09r3t
  • City / Town: nederland
Re: Hello out there!
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 07:30:47 pm »
Welcome and cheers, sorry to hear about your shipping problems. It does not make the wait any easier! If he is DBEST transport i'd hate to see DWORST! Don' :821:t feel too bad i finally got to ride mine yesterday, first time since october. Too much snow then too much mud.

Offline RV8tor513

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: K Falls
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 09:20:04 pm »
*Originally Posted by 6triumph bob [+]
Welcome and cheers, sorry to hear about your shipping problems. It does not make the wait any easier! If he is DBEST transport i'd hate to see DWORST! Don' :821:t feel too bad i finally got to ride mine yesterday, first time since october. Too much snow then too much mud.

Bludy L, I hear you with your weather this past winter, you guys were getting hammered! We have the same thing here, snow, mud, and ...more snow, mud ... & repeat until Spring.

I took the 2000 out this morning to run some errands and took the long way home, what a great day for a ride!  :001: Sorry it wasn't on the SE!  :012:

I hit reserve on the fuel, so stopped and filled it up, 194 miles on 5.359 gallons = 36.2 mpg are you guys getting 20 mile to the gallon more on average on the SE?
 :821:

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 10:20:43 pm »
I hope after all D waiting he brings D Right Bike !

:720:

Cheers  :821:

Offline RV8tor513

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2016, 06:58:11 am »
 :046: Wednesday morning D best or D worst finally rolled up to my driveway!   :046:
The driver got a little ahead of himself and wanted me to sign for the bike before he even opened the trailer! :110: I suggested that he get the bike out before I signed anything.

I've had the bike a few days now and it is everything I had hope it would be. Had it out today with my son-in-law riding my 2000 TT and with my brothers K1600. (Pictures)

I am very impressed with the mileage compared to my 2000, almost double. I did however get the best mileage on the last tank I put through the 2000 at 37 mpg. The SE is showing an avg of 61 mpg. not sure how that will work out on the first fill-up but we shall see soon enough. Today was a beautiful spring day with the temps in the mid 60's. We did about an 80 mile ride with the two buddies, roads were better than expected since we had received about an inch of snow on Thursday that was gone the next day. The higher elevations getting a little more and you can see the remaining snow in the parking lot at the top of the hill elevation about 5500'.

The (new to me) bike is a little better in the comfort zone than the 2000, I really like the cruise control. It took a little bit of getting use to the information available on the screen but I think I have that down. I can feel the difference between comfort and normal but there doesn't seem to be much that I can feel so far between normal and sport, maybe ridden harder than I have ridden it the past few days will tell a different story. I got a 2 month trial Sirius radio subscription, I think that will be better with the blue tooth in the helmet than through the speakers. Not sure why the AM side of the radio doesn't work any better than it does, seems that the antenna is the culprit, radio on AM will work when the antenna is tweaked. Any suggestion on a fix would be welcome.

All and all I am a happy Camper! :001:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 06:59:47 am by RV8tor513 »

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2016, 07:09:07 am »
Congratulations RV8tor513  :152:

The more you settle in to your new Trophy,
the more you will enjoy her  :169:

Cheers  :821:

Offline RV8tor513

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 11:35:33 pm »
Hi,

I have been getting a few miles on the Trophy this past week and I am really liking the cruise control!  :028:

I followed my brother yesterday morning taking video of his trailer being towed behind his K1600. When we got back to his place he said my left headlight wasn't working all the time. When we looked at it, the right side was bright but the left side looked like a parking light. I had no idea what this might be and did some searching on the forum but did not find anything like this in my search.

I charge the battery this morning while I was attending to other matters so I might have a fully charge battery to help find the problem. This afternoon with a fully charged battery I started to investigate the matter. With the engine started I checked the headlights and same thing, right side bright, left side dim and went out. It hadn't been healed over night or during this mornings battery charging. :008:

I decided to remove the bulb to see if it was faulty, after reading Coconut's directions about going in under the headlights I decided to try that. After removing the 2 lower fairing plates, I reached up I and felt the headlight socket and found it loose!  :187:

I pulled the connector away from the bulb which required very little effort and felt that back of the bulb, all felt right there so I pushed the connector back onto the bulb and made sure it had seated properly and Presto changeo, I now have both headlights working again!  :047:

Has anyone else encountered anything similar happen?

I'm thinking I'll keep the old girl, for awhile any way, raining this afternoon so more inside work for me.
 :821:

Offline SofaKing

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Spokane Valley
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2016, 12:46:55 am »
Hi RV8tor513,
 :400: to the forum.  I am located up in Spokane and have had my 2015 TTSE for about 6 weeks.  The more you ride yours, the more you will like it.  If you ever get up to Spokane, let me know.   :821:

Offline RV8tor513

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2016, 02:26:46 am »
*Originally Posted by SofaKing [+]
Hi RV8tor513,
 :400: to the forum.  I am located up in Spokane and have had my 2015 TTSE for about 6 weeks.  The more you ride yours, the more you will like it.  If you ever get up to Spokane, let me know.   :821:

Hi SofaKing,

Thanks for the Welcome. :002:

Yeah, it is defiantly a different ride than my 2000 TT 4cycl. :152:

I am liking the TTSE more each time I ride it for sure, went to check my P O Box this evening and when I headed home and got on the highway I gave it full throttle and just touched the rev limiter before shifting into 2nd & 3rd, then short shifted to 6th, :156:  whoa, that was fun!

I read a few reviews before I decided to purchase this one and reread one last night and had to agree with the reviewer, nothing bad to report. He was nitpicking the throttle feel, (feels a little lite) the linked brakes (a little different but you get use to it) and the quality of the switches, but that is about it. A lot less money than my brother's K1600 beemer and darn near as nice in all areas, beats his mpg by some too.  :169:  (maybe not the way I was flogging it tonight but ...)

I'm planning a trip up to Othello, some time soon, depends on my son's schedule. Also I have a brother that lives in Spokane, (not that far away from Othello), so I may be up your way sometime the next few months, that is the tentative plan anyway, when I have a date I'll let you know and maybe we could meet-up.  :821:

jb

tweedy-bunch