Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Radiator replacement etc.  (Read 1759 times)

Offline piercmar2

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Albuquerque NM
Radiator replacement etc.
« on: April 10, 2016, 01:25:59 pm »
Well, my 3 year old Trophy has been in the shop for a a while now.  Glad for extended warranties, but down time sucks.  at 30k mile service was told the overflow reservoir was cracked.  Ordered one and went to replace it, well, it was the Radiator that was bad. ( leaking around one of the bungs that holds the overflow tank to the radiator )  When the radiator was replaced they also found a bad fan and a bad hose. Well the initial fan that came was for the old trophy.  Waiting on the correct one, from England.  Bike will have been down 2 months by the time I get it back :157: :157: :157:
Mark
2013 Trophy ( running darkside )
2014 Trophy
2014 ZX14

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
Re: Radiator replacement etc.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 01:57:39 am »
Hmm....
Troll alert???
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

Offline piercmar2

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Albuquerque NM
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 04:38:34 am »
Far from a Troll unfortunately.  It puked out antifreeze in the parkinglot of my hotel in Arizona last September.  Thought it was a rad cap.  replaced the cap. Then rode it in the HW3 iron butt rally in October. Then to Cali and back 2 weeks before Christmas.  Every now and then smelling a bit of antifreeze.  Finally at its 30k checkup my local Dealer here in Abq saw a leak and thought it was the overflow tank.  When I went to replace it, that wasnt it. 
Mark
2013 Trophy ( running darkside )
2014 Trophy
2014 ZX14

Offline 1675

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Spennymoor
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 12:22:55 am »
Maybe atrophy suspects a troll alert as it is all he can see with his head buried so deep in the sand.
I want a quality product and am getting a little tired of making excuses