Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Another New Member  (Read 2207 times)

Offline Shemogolee

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE2016
  • City / Town: Chilliwack
Another New Member
« on: April 11, 2016, 07:18:06 pm »
Hello TT Riders!

My 2016 TTSE is due to arrive in Canada shortly   :152: . It is Pacific Blue and will be set up with heated grips, R and G Adventure Bars, and a Lust 25mm lowering kit.

When I decided to replace my 1700cc Kawasaki Voyager Tourer my search looked at Yamaha, Kawasaki, BMW and Triumph sport tourers, but in the end the TTSE won out. I searched through the Forum for hours and the information I found was instrumental in helping to make my choice. So thanks to all who contribute here. 

I've been riding for a 'long' time and had a variety of motorcycles. The first was a Honda 90 which was followed by a variety of Triumphs, Nortons and BSAs (shared with my brother). After a thirteen year absence from riding I purchased, in sequence, a 1985 Honda Goldwing, a 2006 Harley Davidson Electra Glide, the Kawasaki Voyager and now the TTSE.

I have retired twice, once in 2007 from my main work and once in 2010 from a carry on from that work. For my working years I was significantly involved in 'instruction' and decided to marry that skill to my riding. So in 2010 I obtained a qualification as a Motorcycle Instructor and for the last  five and a half years have been teaching new riders in Theory, Skills and Traffic Courses. This will also be my fourth year teaching experienced riders in Advanced Control Skills and Advanced Road Techniques. For the last two years I have also had the privilege of training  and evaluating new motorcycle instructors.

Prior to being qualified and an instructor in 2010 I had never taken a professional training course. I soon found out that although I was doing some things correctly I was doing a lot of things not so correctly. During that course I became a firm believer in recurrent training and to that end take a course each year that either updates my instructional techniques with current best practice or improves the things I do well on the motorcycle and fixes the things I don't do so well. 

I look forward to learning more about my TT ( and other things) during my time on the Forum!

best regards,

Shemogolee

If you're not disciplined enough to apply your knowledge and skills you're an accident looking for a place to happen

Offline Brit Al

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE '14
  • City / Town: Aylesbury
Re: Another New Member
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 08:02:21 pm »
 :401: to the forum Shemogolee.

I hope your bike arrives soon, can't think of a better way to enjoy retirement  :001:
Al

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 09:11:04 pm »
Hi Shemogolee, welcome to the forum :400:,  enjoy both your  `retirement'  and the new toy...... :821:
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 09:55:59 pm »
Hello Shemogolee... Welcome to the forum :400:

Great to have someone like you on board and glad we were able to help you in your choice of a new ride.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 10:07:04 pm »
Welcome.
I hope the snow is melting in the Great White North so you can get out on the bike when it arrives.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 10:18:32 pm »
Hi Shemogolee and :400: to the Club !

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 11:07:28 pm »
 :400: to the forum.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 11:08:20 am »
 :400: Shemogolee and  :821:

Looking forward to your forum contributions.

Love, light and kindness,

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE