Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Front clip for tank bag?  (Read 3032 times)

Offline El Humbo

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: Surrey
Front clip for tank bag?
« on: April 12, 2016, 05:20:31 pm »
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have a front clip/bracket for a Triumph tank bag (Part No A9510095) that they would like to sell? I bought a bag on eBay, but it arrived minus the front clip. The seller is happy to take it back and give me a refund, but it would be better if I could lay my hands on the missing part. 
Many thanks

Offline ZShyster

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Elmhurst, Illinois
Re: Front clip for tank bag?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 05:34:24 pm »
If you find more than one, I could use one also.

ZShyster

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 06:19:12 pm »
Sorry I can't help wth finding the part you need, but .....

The seller is obliged by Law ( Sale of Goods Act & Distance Selling Regulations )
to provide a refund if it arrived incomplete ( unless the advert specifically stated
that the clip was not included ) as you can't attach it properly to your Trophy
without that clip, so it would be classed as "Faulty - Not fit for purpose".
( You may have to pay the return postage cost ).

If you can't find a replacement quickly, I would insist on a refund,
and if the seller doesn't agree, open a "Case" with eBay support  :028:

Offline Cosmic

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trohphy se
  • City / Town: Thornaby
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 06:31:52 pm »
Hi El Humbo

This maybe a long shot, but if you have an outdoor clothing store nearby,  they may stock what you are looking for. I have bought such items to replace broken fasteners on rucksacks.

I hope this is helpful.

Cosmic

Offline El Humbo

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: Surrey
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 08:20:38 pm »
Thanks for the advice Coconut. The seller is fine - She agreed to a refund straight away. I'm just trying to see whether I can obtain a new part before I return the item.

Offline ZShyster

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Elmhurst, Illinois
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 11:49:47 pm »
I am in need of the plate that screws onto the bike.  I got my bag from a forum member who sold his Trophy and forgot to take the little plate and attaching link off of the bike.  Another member has tried to help me by outlining his on a piece of steel.  I am not skilled enough to turn this into a usable part, although I appreciate his kindness.  If anyone has an extra one, or they bought a used bike with it left on, I would be happy to pay $20 plus shipping (USA only).

Thanks

ZShyster

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 09:44:43 pm »
El Humbro,

No Problem - the only other thing I can suggest is to try contacting Triumph After Sales
( after.sales@triumph.co.uk ) explaining your predicament ( you're not the first  ! )
to see whether they can help, or can put you in touch with their suppliers who may be able to help  :028:

If you have any joy then please let us know - for the benefit of others with the same problem  :169:

Cheers  :821:

Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 12:28:14 pm »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
El Humbro,

No Problem - the only other thing I can suggest is to try contacting Triumph After Sales
( after.sales@triumph.co.uk ) explaining your predicament ( you're not the first  ! )
to see whether they can help, or can put you in touch with their suppliers who may be able to help  :028:

If you have any joy then please let us know - for the benefit of others with the same problem  :169:

Cheers  :821:

Another solution is to replace the entire buckle, both male and female, of the same width, 2" I believe, from a hiking/camping store and have a shoe repair shop do the sewing. There are multiple choices on Amazon.  Search for 2" Plastic Buckle.   Perhaps it's 1.5"  Not sure as I sit here. The webbing is also available either online or the afore mentioned outdoor stores.

tweedy-bunch