Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Fairing Stowage Box button is sticking.  (Read 1230 times)

Offline cbr1000rr

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Regina
Fairing Stowage Box button is sticking.
« on: April 19, 2016, 12:40:48 am »
The Fairing Stowage Box button is sticking. The Stowage box lid is locked unless the ignition is on and the bike is stationary. Once unlocked, a push of the button will open the lid. Unfortunately, on mine, the button often does not spring up after being pushed down. So, the lid will not close unless I pry the button back up. Also, the button sometimes will not push down, even though the solenoid has unlocked.
What is the best way to lube the button? I tried cleaning the dust out of the mechanism, tried graphite, WD40, and lithium grease, all to no avail. The button mechanism appears to be plastic. Not good. Any ideas? Thanks.

Offline AVI.INC

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hawthorne CA.
Re: Fairing Stowage Box button is sticking.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 12:55:29 am »
 I  had to completely disassemble it and then I use   WD-40 to flow out any debris that was stuck in there and that and that I used a a thicker oil I think it  was try lube to adhere to the sides yeah it's all plastic there is not much to it I don't see it lasting very  long but once I did that and had it cleaned and got all the dust out of it than it was fine.
I must be going too fast for too long evey time i get back i'm younger!!

Offline cbr1000rr

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Regina
Re: Fairing Stowage Box button is sticking.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 01:16:33 am »
Thanks!

tweedy-bunch