Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Short Ohio Loop  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
Short Ohio Loop
« on: April 19, 2016, 01:41:15 pm »
If you like twisty, curvy roads this is a great little loop and the condition of the roads is very good. I recommend you start in Warsaw at the at the Dari-Land but obviously you can start at point.

Go west on US 36 to the intersection with state route 715 that will take you west over the Mohawk Reservoir Dam.

When you reach state route 206 in Walholding turn right. The 8.6 mile stretch going north has some great elevation changes and wonderful twistys.

At the intersection with US 62 turn right and follow this road with nice sweeping turns to the east towards Killbuck.

At state route 60 turn right and head south. The next 14 miles is perhaps the best stretch of the loop and on weekends you'll see plenty of other bikes. This route basically follows Killbuck Creek but does go up and over some high ground along the way. A word of warning; at the present time, mid April 2016, the road is closed weekdays for construction but I'm sure that won't last too long.

When you reach US 36 turn right and head back towards you starting point in Warsaw. However I recommend you go right past the Dari-Land and continue on 36 to Newcastle. To insure full disclosure it's not all that new and you won't find a castle anywhere, but you will find Peggy Sue's Steak and Ribs. Peggy Sue's is worth a stop even if you just order a coffee and a slice of one of their famous pies.

https://goo.gl/maps/wseEaK4G6Ry

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 01:44:44 pm by Bludy L »
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

tweedy-bunch