Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Never Seen This Before...(Related to Heated Seat Problem)  (Read 5490 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline Lieu57

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    108
    • ***
    • Topic Author

    Offline Lieu57

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 108
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE-Black
    • City / Town: Ohio
    Never Seen This Before...(Related to Heated Seat Problem)
    on: Apr 23, 2016, 05.48 pm
    Apr 23, 2016, 05.48 pm
    This may be a new one... :084: (I haven't found anything on the forum about this particular issue):

    I have a 2015 TTSE; purchased 5 weeks ago after trading in my 2014. Took it out this morning and turned on both the heated grips and seat. The rider seat is not heating up, although the pillion seat is. Seat connections all appear to be ok. Here's the strange part. After about 20 minutes, I noticed two small letters (the letters ST) that appeared at the bottom right of the digital dash, right next to the heated seats symbol. The "ST" remains on the screen even when the heated seats are switched off and the heated seat indicator is not shown.

    Anyone seen this before or know what it is? Any ideas why the rider seat is not heating up??
    '15 TTSE
    Black
    "Young riders pick a destination... Old riders pick a direction..."

  • Offline thumper

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    139
    • ***
      #1

    Offline thumper

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 139
    • Naty von Ozirisz 1997-2011
    • Bike: '15 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: So Cal
    Re: Never Seen This Before...(Related to Heated Seat Problem)
    Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2016, 08.01 pm
    Apr 23, 2016, 08.01 pm
    Here's installation instructions from Triumph.      When installing both heated seats, the wiring is slightly different than when only installing one seat.    Check your wiring to the instructions listed here:

    http://triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9708350-US.pdf


    ATGATT--Because if you crash, the world is your belt sander

  • Online Coconut   gb

    • Trophy God  ‐    10062
    • *****
      #2

    Online Coconut

    • Trophy God
    • *****
    • Posts: 10062
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    • Country: gb
    Re: Never Seen This Before...(Related to Heated Seat Problem)
    Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2016, 09.57 pm
    Apr 23, 2016, 09.57 pm
    I don't know what the "ST" symbol is.

    It is not referenced in the Owners Manual, Service Manual or installation instructions.

    As for why your seat has stopped working,
    there have been previous reports of some switches failing,
    but also check the Plug connector from the seat to the harness
    in case any of the connections have pulled free.

    Cheers  :821:






  • Offline Lieu57

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    108
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #3

    Offline Lieu57

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 108
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE-Black
    • City / Town: Ohio
    Re: Never Seen This Before...(Related to Heated Seat Problem)
    Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2016, 01.11 am
    Apr 24, 2016, 01.11 am
    *Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
    I don't know what the "ST" symbol is.

    It is not referenced in the Owners Manual, Service Manual or installation instructions.

    As for why your seat has stopped working,
    there have been previous reports of some switches failing,
    but also check the Plug connector from the seat to the harness
    in case any of the connections have pulled free.

    Cheers  :821:



    Thanks Coconut. I haven't found any reference to the "ST" symbol either. Checked all plug connections and they are all intact. Looks like a trip to the dealer is in order...
    '15 TTSE
    Black
    "Young riders pick a destination... Old riders pick a direction..."

  • Online Coconut   gb

    • Trophy God  ‐    10062
    • *****
      #4

    Online Coconut

    • Trophy God
    • *****
    • Posts: 10062
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    • Country: gb
    Re: Never Seen This Before...(Related to Heated Seat Problem)
    Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2016, 08.10 am
    Apr 24, 2016, 08.10 am
    Keep us posted !  :028:

    A Photo of the "ST" display would be interesting to see,
    and to know what your Dealer says it refers to  :169:

    Cheers  :821:



  • Offline cropbiker   gb

    • Trophy God  ‐    4934
    • *****
      #5

    Offline cropbiker

    • Trophy God
    • *****
    • Posts: 4934
    • Midlands biker
    • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Worcester
    • Country: gb
    Re: Never Seen This Before...(Related to Heated Seat Problem)
    Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2016, 08.13 am
    Apr 24, 2016, 08.13 am
    Have not seen that problem and can't suggest what ST might be about....

    Only problem I have had is the rear heated seat even when the switch is in the middle 'off' position I was still getting 1 heat blob on the info screen... just sprayed some WD40 round the switch and it seemed to clear
    Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

  • Offline DonTom   us

    • Trophy Master  ‐    2016
    • ****
      #6

    Offline DonTom

    • Trophy Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 2016
    • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
    • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
    • Country: us
    Re: Never Seen This Before...(Related to Heated Seat Problem)
    Reply #6 on: Apr 24, 2016, 08.29 am
    Apr 24, 2016, 08.29 am
    *Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
    Keep us posted !  :028:

    A Photo of the "ST" display would be interesting to see,
    and to know what your Dealer says it refers to  :169:

    Cheers  :821:

    See page 6, 14 & 15 of the USA Audio System Handbook. It stands for "Stereo" reception. It's location is just left and below heated seat icon.

    -Don-  Reno, NV
    Last Edit: Apr 24, 2016, 09.18 am by DonTom
    1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

  • Offline DonTom   us

    • Trophy Master  ‐    2016
    • ****
      #7

    Offline DonTom

    • Trophy Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 2016
    • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
    • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
    • Country: us
    Re: Never Seen This Before...(Related to Heated Seat Problem)
    Reply #7 on: Apr 24, 2016, 08.41 am
    Apr 24, 2016, 08.41 am
    *Originally Posted by Lieu57 [+]
    This may be a new one... :084: (I haven't found anything on the forum about this particular issue):

    I have a 2015 TTSE; purchased 5 weeks ago after trading in my 2014. Took it out this morning and turned on both the heated grips and seat. The rider seat is not heating up, although the pillion seat is. Seat connections all appear to be ok. Here's the strange part. After about 20 minutes, I noticed two small letters (the letters ST) that appeared at the bottom right of the digital dash, right next to the heated seats symbol. The "ST" remains on the screen even when the heated seats are switched off and the heated seat indicator is not shown.

    Anyone seen this before or know what it is? Any ideas why the rider seat is not heating up??
    Be sure to check the front heated seat when it is as cold as possible. If the heated rear seat turns on first, it perhaps could stop the front seat from working. The heated seats are temperature controlled. The temp on them stays the same regardless of outside temperature. That means if it is not cold enough, it will not activate, heated seat won't do anything other than show the icon.  It is best to check the heated seats when the outside temperature is 45F or  below.

    I would try to disconnect the rear seat and see if the front seat then works. You might not have anything wrong at all, espcally if both icons show normally.

    Again, the best way to test the seat is when it is as cold as possible outside. Then they should both work normally.

    -Don-  Reno, NV
    1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

     



    tweedy-bunch