Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Airhawk  (Read 8592 times)

Offline speedydeano

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy
  • City / Town: gloucester
Airhawk
« on: April 26, 2016, 06:06:36 pm »
hi guys
has anyone tried out an Airhawk on there trophy if so how did you find it
thanks
speedy

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Airhawk
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 06:15:44 pm »
I had an air hawk... to be honest I didn't find it much use... I don't use it anymore... I bought a Russel Day Long seat from another member in Canada... a lot more money but a much better investment
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline TT Ashford

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 08:17:29 pm »
Have been using the same airhawk seat since 2009, don't use it for short journeys up to 200miles or so, but anything over that it's a must. Extra bonus for me is the added height it gives, takes pressure off my knees. Well worth it in my opinion.

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 09:28:35 pm »
*Originally Posted by TT Ashford [+]
Have been using the same airhawk seat since 2009, don't use it for short journeys up to 200miles or so, but anything over that it's a must. Extra bonus for me is the added height it gives, takes pressure off my knees. Well worth it in my opinion.

I use my AirHawk all the time, and ditto to the comments regarding seat height and knee pressure. I also have a sheepskin over the top that makes things even more comfy. Call it a poor mans Russell Day Long combo.
Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline Lannis

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Appomattox, Virginia
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 10:07:42 pm »
*Originally Posted by Travelling2bob [+]
I use my AirHawk all the time, and ditto to the comments regarding seat height and knee pressure. I also have a sheepskin over the top that makes things even more comfy. Call it a poor mans Russell Day Long combo.

You guys are talking my language.   I have a Russell Day-Long seat on my Guzzi Stelvio, and it is by FAR the most comfortable seat I've ever had on any bike, having been made to my and my wife's measure by Russell.   On that seat, I never need a sheepskin or an AirHawk.

On my Trophy, I have the stock "low" seat.   I have an AirHawk and a sheepskin that I have been trying out on it, although as soon as my bank account recovers from the shock of a new Trophy, a full warranty, the top box, and a roller-cam-follower repair on the Guzzi, I plan on throwing the $770 or so dollars for the Russell seat for the Trophy.

When I use an AirHawk, it raises me up very little.   I use almost no air in the seat, as designed, so that some of me is actually touching the seat but most of the weight is on the air chambers.    The problem with the Airhawk is that I'm a bit careless with it, and sometimes sit on it with a screwdriver in my pocket or something, and it has several patches.    The things cost $179 or so, so being careless isn't very smart, but there you go.

I haven't tried a long trip with the sheepskin yet, although it does raise me up 1/2" or so relative to the pegs .... And I've never tried a sheepskin OVER the AirHawk.   Might be best of both worlds, although on a long wet trip it might become problematic ....

Lannis

Offline Lieu57

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE-Black
  • City / Town: Ohio
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 11:31:36 pm »
I have an airhawk and I've never really gotten comfortable with it. I'm back to the stock high seat with no airhawk. I just completed a 5000 mile trip out west on the stock seat with no problems. To each his own...
'15 TTSE
Black
"Young riders pick a destination... Old riders pick a direction..."

Offline Lannis

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Appomattox, Virginia
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 03:28:15 pm »
*Originally Posted by Lieu57 [+]
I have an airhawk and I've never really gotten comfortable with it. I'm back to the stock high seat with no airhawk. I just completed a 5000 mile trip out west on the stock seat with no problems. To each his own...

Yep.   Seats are the most personal things in the world.   One of the highest-mileage riders I know (50,000+ miles annually) rides on a 30-year-old stock Moto Guzzi seat, where the foam has aged as hard as a rock (to me).   He seems perfectly comfortable on it.

A friend of mine left his Guzzi Convert with me while he traveled overseas for a year.   I rode it a couple hundred miles a month just to keep it in shape.    Although he and his wife ride it everywhere with no trouble, it was AGONIZING for me to ride it 25 miles.

But as I mentioned, my search for the perfect seat has stopped with Russell Day -Long.    May not be for everyone though!

Lannis

Offline OK_Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Enid, OK
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 05:11:10 pm »
The seat is the one thing I am still not 100% settled on with my Trophy.  I have the taller comfort seat, an air hawk, and a sheepskin covered gel pad.  I keep switching them back and forth trying to figure out the best combination of height and comfort and just have not been able to decide yet.  My work has been very hectic lately so I have not had the chance to do any long rides to really test out the comfort of each modification.

tweedy-bunch