Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New Member just looking  (Read 3927 times)

Offline PhilM

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: ST3s
  • City / Town: Mauldin
New Member just looking
« on: April 29, 2016, 04:10:26 am »
Just joined, I currently have a Ducati ST3s but on Sunday someone turned left in front of me.  I am fine just sore, it could have been much worse...  Bike goes to the shop on Friday for an estimate.  Damage is mostly plastic but it is pretty much ALL the plastic on both sides of the bike.  I am expecting insurance will total the bike so I am doing research on new bikes. If they fix it I will keep the Ducati..
If I do go with a new bike I have it down to the 2016 FJR and a 2015 or 2016 Trophy.  Just looking now will do some test rides.

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
Re: New Member just looking
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 05:59:10 am »

*Originally Posted by PhilM [+]
Just joined, I currently have a Ducati ST3s but on Sunday someone turned left in front of me.  I am fine just sore, it could have been much worse...  Bike goes to the shop on Friday for an estimate.  Damage is mostly plastic but it is pretty much ALL the plastic on both sides of the bike.  I am expecting insurance will total the bike so I am doing research on new bikes. If they fix it I will keep the Ducati..
If I do go with a new bike I have it down to the 2016 FJR and a 2015 or 2016 Trophy.  Just looking now will do some test rides.
  :401:  Many here say do not test ride the TTSE unless you're ready to buy. Because a short ride will make you want to own one very badly.

But expect it to sound much like a diesel when you first ride it. It has it's own sound that doesn't compare well to anything else.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 06:00:33 am »
Hi PhilM and :400: to the Forum !

There's all the information you could need in here, and a very friendy bunch of Members,
who will be able to offer advice to any particular questions you may have.

The best advice I can give you, if you do end up having to buy a new bike,
is to Test Ride those on your short list, leaving as little time between each as possible.

The Test Ride of a Trophy OFTEN sells it with no further consideration needed - so take tyour wallet !

Cheers  :821:

Offline obizoo

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 triumph trophy
  • City / Town: staunton
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 06:47:42 am »
Hi everyone I'm kind of new to the club and this is my first ever.  I just recently got 2014 triumph trophy with 6,000 miles, on it I love this bike. Like people say test ride one you buy it. Well good luck to your test ride.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 09:03:59 am »
Hi Phil and welcome to the forum :400:

Sorry to hear about your spill and the damage to your Duke, glad that you are well though and not letting it stop you riding.

Everyones advice is spot on. This is JUST the place to get a full and unbiased, well relatively for a single type forum, set of advice on the Trophy.

The test ride is really what you need to go for and as people say. Make your shortlist and if possible try and ride them all pretty much back to back to get the best comparatives.

Hope we can help you in your choice.

Kevin
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 09:05:56 am »
*Originally Posted by obizoo [+]
Hi everyone I'm kind of new to the club and this is my first ever.  I just recently got 2014 triumph trophy with 6,000 miles, on it I love this bike. Like people say test ride one you buy it. Well good luck to your test ride.

Hi Obizoo and welcome to the forum. Rather than jumping onto someone else's hello message you might be better off starting your own welcome thread telling us a bit about yourself and biking history. This might get missed by people responding to Phil.

:400:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 09:43:39 am »
Hi PhilM,  :401:, well you've certainly  landed in the right place,  lots to learn and discuss  here on this Forum, enjoy.... :821:
`Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 12:55:44 pm »
Sorry to hear about the crash.

Do you want sport or comfort? IMHO the FJR is a bit sportier with a bit more aggressive riding position. The Trophy is about comfort and touring, though I also use mine for tooling around and some commuting. My wife finds it very comfy in the pillion position.

I find the Trophy is the best motorcycle I've ever been on, and that includes consideration of my T100 as well.

Good luck with your search!
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

tweedy-bunch